FOR ANY FOOTBALL FANS TRAVELING TO HOUSTON AREA FROM TRIANGLE ON I-10!!!!

One of our posters just called me about a bad wreck on I-10 westbound around Winnie.  Apparently traffic is getting backed up and may affect your ability to get to the Houston area.  You may want to check further and if necessary take an alternate route such at Hwy 90 or even Hwy 73.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1041341" timestamp="1314386519"]
One of our posters just called me about a bad wreck on I-10 westbound around Winnie.  Apparently traffic is getting backed up and may affect your ability to get to the Houston area.  You may want to check further and if necessary take an alternate route such at Hwy 90 or even Hwy 73.
[/quote]Is the wreck East or West of Winnie

[quote name="True Blue" post="1041344" timestamp="1314386717"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=87188.msg1041341#msg1041341 date=1314386519]
[/quote]Is the wreck East or West of Winnie
[/quote]Probably east of Winnie since he said hwy 73 may be an alternative.  You se, 73 stretches from Port Arthur to Winnie and goes no further.

My understanding is that it is just east of Winnie.  Looking at the schedule the fans most likely to be effected are any Beaumont Legacy fans that are traveling to Houston and possibly some BC fans that would take I-10 to the Houston area on their way to Shepherd.

I know Cardinals are not taking that route but rather going up FM 105.  I recommend Cardinal fans follow suit.

Guest ECBucFan
Here is the scoop:
I just returned from Houston. The wreck is WEST of Winnie near 1406. Thats the next exit past 124. Traffic going EAST towards Beaumont has minimal delays, basically due to rubbernecking. Traffic going WEST towards Houston is quite backed up at the moment, but the wreck is clearing, and I can't imagine it being much of an issue 30 min. to an hour from now. It is beginning to move as of 3:30 PM. Game time traffic should have NO issues. Everyone stay safe!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32