Port Arthur Snooze Living Up to It's Name?

What is up with the Port Arthur news and it's sports section.  I look for articles on Friday's games and see nothing but an interview with Phil Broussard (Cajun Phil) and Bill Dance and NFL fantasy draft info?  One of their teams (Nederland)had one of the best games in the area and their hometown team (Port Arthur Memorial) is picked to go deep in the playoffs...and from Nederland and Port Arthur Memorial's home town paper online? NADA!  The Orange Leader had an article! Heck, the Beaumont Enterprise had an article!

I guess they are saving all of their energy for Cavoilcade!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1043150" timestamp="1314508612"]
What is up with the Port Arthur news and it's sports section.  I look for articles on Friday's games and see nothing but an interview with Phil Broussard (Cajun Phil) and Bill Dance and NFL fantasy draft info?  One of their teams (Nederland)had one of the best games in the area and their hometown team (Port Arthur Memorial) is picked to go deep in the playoffs...and from Nederland and Port Arthur Memorial's home town paper online? NADA!  The Orange Leader had an article! Heck, the Beaumont Enterprise had an article!

[/quote]

Yea, I think the PortArthur news now owns the Orange leader and it shows. You have the same article up there for two weeks, nothing new. Why don't you just shut down both newspapers if you can't get an editor in there to keep the newspaper up to date. pathetic!

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1043254" timestamp="1314547327"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=87311.msg1043150#msg1043150 date=1314508612]

[/quote]

Yea, I think the PortArthur news now owns the Orange leader and it shows. You have the same article up there for two weeks, nothing new. Why don't you just shut down both newspapers if you can't get an editor in there to keep the newspaper up to date. pathetic!
[/quote]

I grew up reading papers as a kid, I still get the Enterprise and PA News delivered in Mid County. Debated last few years to renew as their webpages grew. I've noticed they have both withdrawn their current news online. Can't blame them, the need revenue to print. 

I can quickly say PA owns us about as much as I own facebook. We are both owned by cnhi and are separate companies with separate staffs, ideas and daily goals. Its not my place to speak about their site.
I can say Friday night we put online:
4 stories, 3 with pics
3 orangefield videos
Slideshow with 9 pix
I personally live streamed bobcats halftime
This leaves out writing stories and design of pages.
Should i include i was up almost all night making sure Irene didnt become national tragedy? Web was updated constantly with pix, videos and another slideshow.
this adds up to me not having a full day off for over a year. And why do it? Be honest and it might shock some folks, i don’t fully do it for our readers. I do it cause im a perfectionist and very greedy. I certainly do not do things or not do something cause who might or might not own us. Id rather not sleep than our site not have a story. Ill take vacation when i retire and rest then.

Gabe Pruett
Leader editor

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    coachcojack
    Newest Member
    coachcojack