Houston Yates continues to get those recr.... err transfers!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1044058" timestamp="1314643014"]
Just so happen to see Greg Wise yesterday. I know how those kids ended up at Yates. He didn't recruit them. But I do predict we may see more students from Africa coming to attend high schools here and just so happen to be 6'5" and up. ;)
[/quote]

Did he also "not recruit" the kids from California a couple of years ago?  Its really amazing how all of these players manage to wind up at the same location.

Now let me get this right...when a kid transfers to Silsbee, the thread is titled "the rich keep getting richer"....BUt when a kid transfers to Houston Yates, its "recr...err transfers".....seems a little slanted to me...Don't you think?  And also...for the record, in order to be considered "the rich" in HS basketball, you must be able to boast a state title or two....Just FYI... ;)

[quote name="Jay Bilas" post="1044117" timestamp="1314647892"]
Now let me get this right...when a kid transfers to Silsbee, the thread is titled "the rich keep getting richer"....BUt when a kid transfers to Houston Yates, its "recr...err transfers".....seems a little slanted to me...Don't you think?  And also...for the record, in order to be considered "the rich" in HS basketball, you must be able to boast a state title or two....Just FYI... ;)
[/quote]

Apples and oranges, but you knew this already. ;)

Oh, and HJ and Ozen got there share of transfers this year as well. ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1044058" timestamp="1314643014"]
Just so happen to see Greg Wise yesterday. I know how those kids ended up at Yates. He didn't recruit them. But I do predict we may see more students from Africa coming to attend high schools here and just so happen to be 6'5" and up. ;)
[/quote]  Blue tell them how it works in Houston.Bellaire does the same thing. Tell them what man they need to see so he can them some tall ball player. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So... we have the NBA where players get paid-IMO-way too much. Then, instead of recruiting players for college, they are now being paid to play college ball like the pros. And now we have High Schools recruiting (like college does) players not only from one school to the next, but internationally?!?! This is waaayy out of hand. When and where is it going to stop? Before we know it, High School kids will be getting paid. Maybe I'm being naive, maybe it's already happening? Kids are being used too much by people who do not have their best interest at hand.

These 2 boys were not recruited by Yates, my son played with them this summer on his AAU team.  They moved to Houston after living in Mission since Feb.  Good kids, with a lot to learn Only playing organized bb since Feb.  Sadiq is quite amazing to see.

[quote name="mfd814" post="1044350" timestamp="1314666385"]
These 2 boys were not recruited by Yates, my son played with them this summer on his AAU team.  They moved to Houston after living in Mission since Feb.  Good kids, with a lot to learn Only playing organized bb since Feb.  Sadiq is quite amazing to see.
[/quote]

Ok, sounds like you're more in the know than I am. Pray tell why ANYONE would go to Yates if it wasn't for sports. The coach may not have recruited, but these kids were [b]recruited[/b]
by SOMEONE. It's time we all admit it....some schools recruit and there's simply nothing that will be done about it.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1044439" timestamp="1314671773"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=87377.msg1044350#msg1044350 date=1314666385]
[/quote]

Ok, sounds like you're more in the know than I am. Pray tell why ANYONE would go to Yates if it wasn't for sports. The coach may not have recruited, but these kids were [b]recruited[/b] by SOMEONE.
[/quote]

;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Could one say those two chose Yates for the schools academic appeal?  NAHHHH!! ;D

[quote name="mfd814" post="1044468" timestamp="1314672975"]
yes,  I am in the know.    But they have not been recruited by Yates.  If there is anything else to it, it will come out I am sure.  Did u know that Yates is a Magnet school for communications, broadcasting. Etc?
[/quote]

No I didn't know that, but I admit I am ignorant in many areas  ;D. An example of this is that I thought a magnet school just made it easier to recruit transfers.

We all know that they did not end up at Yates by chance. Anyone who believes that is about as naive as you can be. You don't see a lot of 6'10" people who go to school for communication purposes. I'm not saying the coach himself is the one who is recruiting, b/c I don't know their coach, but someone could be doing it on his behalf. It sounds dirty to me. Again, when did HS basketball start becoming college programs by recruiting kids?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1044491" timestamp="1314674452"]
We all know that they did not end up at Yates by chance. Anyone who believes that is about as naive as you can be. You don't see a lot of 6'10" people who go to school for communication purposes. I'm not saying the coach himself is the one who is recruiting, b/c I don't know their coach, but someone could be doing it on his behalf. It sounds dirty to me. Again, when did HS basketball start becoming college programs by recruiting kids?
[/quote]

Yates high school basketball coach is none other than Greg Wise, Mr. AAU. He coaches an elite AAU team (of course none of those players on his AAU team play at Yates or that would be illegal ::)) but that doesn't keep him from............ ;) :D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1044238" timestamp="1314656267"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=87377.msg1044058#msg1044058 date=1314643014]
[/quote]  Blue tell them how it works in Houston.Bellaire does the same thing. Tell them what man they need to see so he can them some tall ball player. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Frank  :-X handles the tall & older Bahamians. The Africans? I don't wanna know ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1044495" timestamp="1314674840"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=87377.msg1044491#msg1044491 date=1314674452]
[/quote]

Yates high school basketball coach is none other than Greg Wise, Mr. AAU. He coaches an elite AAU team (of course none of those players on his AAU team play at Yates or that would be illegal ::)) but that doesn't keep him from............ ;) :D
[/quote] :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Well, these boys are from Africa, so it may be true that they need Yates Magnet school expertise in communications. The fact that they are 6'9" and 6'10"  is just a bizarre coincidence. I'm guessing they will not even play basketball so they can focus on their broadcasting and communication skills. Why are we all so suspicious and judgmental??

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1044526" timestamp="1314678666"]
Well, these boys are from Africa, so it may be true that they need Yates Magnet school expertise in communications. The fact that they are 6'9" and 6'10"  is just a bizarre coincidence. I'm guessing they will not even play basketball so they can focus on their broadcasting and communication skills. Why are we all so suspicious and judgmental??
[/quote]I agree. We have always had a foreign exchange program. No big deal ;D

There is recruiting all over, that I do not dispute. A lot of transfers happened over the summer.      I"m just saying, these boys were not recruited by Yates.  There is a story, but I will not put it in print. Do private schools recruit? I heard Westbury Christian added a few horses to their stable.

Here is MY two cents...The UIL SHOULD tighten the reigns on all this transferring...It is getting quite ridiculous...If a kid MOVES to the area, or there is a divorce, or some other special circumstances, I can see them allowing a transfer, but, it has really gotten out of hand...Summer AAU has RUINED high school basketball...It really has...I remember a time when kids just went to their high schools and played open gym all summer long...it worked then, and I don't understand why that still can't be the case... now it has become a "business", and the kids are not the ones gaining profits from it....They (the AAU contingent) want to yell "exposure", but the truth of the matter is, if they can play, college coaches will know who they are...Its their JOB to know...It would eliminate tons of NCAA violations, if they just eliminated these AAU guys and put the kids in the hands of the high school coaches year around....AAU CAN however still work with the younger kids...I feel that once they hit high school, AAU should be hands off.....Ok...Off my soapbox!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats