Incorrect Stats in OR Leader, BMT Ent & HOU Chron

stardt

Incorrect stats were posted in OR Leader, BMT Enterprise & HOU Chronicle.  I know in the Orangefield vs. Buna game there were kids listed in the stats that weren't even on the team & one that was on the sideline not suited out.  Also, Orangefield's starting TB had several carries & rushing yds. but wasn't even listed in the stats.  The stats also showed Orangefield had a couple of receivers.  Where do the papers get their info anyway?  If people are relying on these, then they are getting incorrect info.

[quote name="stardt" post="1049101" timestamp="1315137381"]
Incorrect stats were posted in OR Leader, BMT Enterprise & HOU Chronicle.  I know in the Orangefield vs. Buna game there were kids listed in the stats that weren't even on the team & one that was on the sideline not suited out.  Also, Orangefield's starting TB had several carries & rushing yds. but wasn't even listed in the stats.  The stats also showed Orangefield had a couple of receivers.  Where do the papers get their info anyway?  If people are relying on these, then they are getting incorrect info.
[/quote]

If the Enterprise and Leader have the same stats, you can figure they probably came from the stats contact at Orangefield, which is probably a coach.

[quote name="stardt" post="1049101" timestamp="1315137381"]
[/quote]Man these guys musta been anouncing the Silsbee Cleveland game too. I dont think he got one right all night  :D I think there was a wet bar in the booth up there  ;D

Some times that get pretty wrong, but I think all in all they do a good job I'm just glad they cover high school sports but you know the real source for high school sports is SETXsports.....these guys are pretty accurate and if they do make a mistake or oversight somebody is quick to correct it.......that's why my first stop for sports news and information is right here.

I know several years ago when I was a stringer, the person covering the game for the paper kept their own stats. I would get together with the stat guy at the half and immediately after the game if possible to reconciliate any differences. However, sometimes due to deadlines, that was not possible. SO if your looking in the boxscore immediately after the games there can be some errors. Usually, the papers print updated official stats during the week.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1049197" timestamp="1315147698"]
I know several years ago when I was a stringer, the person covering the game for the paper kept their own stats. I would get together with the stat guy at the half and immediately after the game if possible to reconciliate any differences. However, sometimes due to deadlines, that was not possible. SO if your looking in the boxscore immediately after the games there can be some errors. Usually, the papers print updated official stats during the week.
[/quote]

I was accurate in early 70's. Head to phone booth, call Julian Galiano at Beaumont Enterprise. Believe I got $5.00, lot of gas for high school student.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stringer
    Newest Member
    Stringer