ALDINE EISENHOWER VS. BEAUMONT WEST BROOK BROADCAST/WB wins in OT!

WOSgrad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First and foremost, I'm glad we got the win. However, that OT never should have happened. We had them down 21-7, at one point, and we let them back in the game. We need a killer instinct that will allow us to put our foot on their throat, and not let up!
Major improvement on offense this week in the passing game! It was obvious that Ike was prepared for us to come out running the ball, and our passing attack had them on their heels a bit. I'm still waiting for a 'go to' guy to surface on offense and lead this team. We are looking alot better offensively, but we've got to find a way to finish drives. We look great, at times, and move the ball well only to sputter and the drive fails. We left way to many points on the field tonight.
Defensively, we looked really good in the first half. The second half was another story. It seemed like we could not stop them in the second half. Again, we show alot of bright spots, at times, only to get beat on the next play. I wouldn't trade our defense with anybody else's, but we also need to find some consistency.
Gang, if we ever get to a point where we play 4 quarter football, we're gonna be a dangerous  team! Right now, we're doing just enough to win. Overall, I saw alot of improvement on both sides of the ball. But we're still not where we need to be.....but we're getting there! ;) Get better this week, Bruins. Give Katy a good game. But most importantly, stay healthy. We cant afford to get a bunch of guys hurt next week. Congrats on the win tonight, Bruins.

Eisenhower              West Brook
Total yards      408                          299
First downs      18                            16
Rushes/yrds    56/295                    32/97
Avg rush          5.27                        3.03
Comp attempts  8/23/0                    19/30/0
Pass yards          113                        202
Comp %            34.78                      63.33
Punts                  5                            8
Punt yards          129                        334
Punt avg            25.8                        41.75
Fumbles/Lost      5/2                          2/0
Penalties-yards    6/50                        6/32   

I disagree that Eisenhower was terrible.... Where they a Port Arthur Memorial, or even Central? No.... but I was really impressed Jacolby Watson and Donald Catalon on the ground.... Watson has a rocket arm, but not accurate enough....

I thought the defense was outstanding in the first half and complacent in the second half.... They got a little intensity back in the OT....

Stump once again had a phenomenal game, very accurate, and if it weren't for the last series in regulation, his stats would even look better....

I was happy that Jalen Malone and Percy Johnson were big parts of the offense tonight.... Central took both of them out of the game last week....

82, you want someone to step up and be the go to guy on offense? I'll say that #8 may already be the leader of that unit.... He needs Percy and Jalen and the rest of those receivers to help him, but he gets it done...

If I'm not mistaken, West Brook has not had a turnover, and that's how you get to 3-0....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham