ALDINE EISENHOWER VS. BEAUMONT WEST BROOK BROADCAST/WB wins in OT!

WOSgrad

[quote name="HubTx" post="1053857" timestamp="1315637190"]
I disagree that Eisenhower was terrible.... Where they a Port Arthur Memorial, or even Central? No.... but I was really impressed Jacolby Watson and Donald Catalon on the ground.... Watson has a rocket arm, but not accurate enough....

I thought the defense was outstanding in the first half and complacent in the second half.... They got a little intensity back in the OT....

Stump once again had a phenomenal game, very accurate, and if it weren't for the last series in regulation, his stats would even look better....

I was happy that Jalen Malone and Percy Johnson were big parts of the offense tonight.... Central took both of them out of the game last week....

82, you want someone to step up and be the go to guy on offense? I'll say that #8 may already be the leader of that unit.... He needs Percy and Jalen and the rest of those receivers to help him, but he gets it done...

If I'm not mistaken, West Brook has not had a turnover, and that's how you get to 3-0....
[/quote]Well said!  8) 8)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stump really had some beautiful punts also. 
One thing Ike did very well IMO that brought the game into OT--was clock management.  Their last two scores took very few seconds off the clock.  On the other hand, when Da Brook has the lead like they did, they needed to use the clock to their advantage, and I did not see that at all.  You have to keep the offense on the field and wear those big boys down ---To improve the running game , the o-line needs to stay with their blocks better.  It is a technique that I strongly recomend they improve on.  ;)

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="1053915" timestamp="1315656167"]
One thing Ike did very well IMO that brought the game into OT--was clock management.  Their last two scores took very few seconds off the clock.  On the other hand, when Da Brook has the lead like they did, they needed to use the clock to their advantage, and I did not see that at all.  You have to keep the offense on the field and wear those big boys down ---To improve the running game , the o-line needs to stay with their blocks better.  It is a technique that I strongly recomend they improve on.  ;)
[/quote]
OMG--I am beginning to sound like 2010's 825A----LMAO

[quote name="HubTx" post="1053857" timestamp="1315637190"]
I disagree that Eisenhower was terrible.... Where they a Port Arthur Memorial, or even Central? No.... but I was really impressed Jacolby Watson and Donald Catalon on the ground.... Watson has a rocket arm, but not accurate enough....

I thought the defense was outstanding in the first half and complacent in the second half.... They got a little intensity back in the OT....

Stump once again had a phenomenal game, very accurate, and if it weren't for the last series in regulation, his stats would even look better....

I was happy that Jalen Malone and Percy Johnson were big parts of the offense tonight.... Central took both of them out of the game last week....

82, you want someone to step up and be the go to guy on offense? I'll say that #8 may already be the leader of that unit.... He needs Percy and Jalen and the rest of those receivers to help him, but he gets it done...

If I'm not mistaken, West Brook has not had a turnover, and that's how you get to 3-0....
[/quote]You are correct, he played alot better, and seems to be getting better. I saw more confidence in his passing ability, and thats good to see. His decision making, while in the pocket, seems to be improving. He was alot less prone to take off running, against Ike, than in previous games. But I'm waiting to see someone that can come in, put the offense on his shoulders, and finish drives. So far, I'm sorry to say, I haven't seen that. We have had too many drives stall out this season that didn't produce any points. We left entirely too many points on the field, and should have never gone into OT! Just sayin..... But like I said, I saw more consistency on offense, and great improvement in the passing game. So we're headed in the right direction. I like what we've accomplished thus far, and I like watching this team mature. Its good to see.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="1053916" timestamp="1315656257"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=87932.msg1053915#msg1053915 date=1315656167]
[/quote]
[b]OMG--I am beginning to sound like 2010's 825A----LMAO[/b]
[/quote]Hahaha.... >:( I have really tried to be more positive about our team this season. With that said, I dont appreciate parents/fans tracking me down and getting in my face at a game because they dont like what has been posted on this forum. Uhh, it's a public message board people! Everybody that posts on here has an opinion, and we are free to express our opinion. Thats what living in this great country is all about. So, if your child is a player on a high profile team that has had alot of success in the past, expect a little criticism! If you dont like what I, or anybody else says, with regards to your child/player on the field....DONT READ IT! Its that simple! Have a nice day! :)

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1053947" timestamp="1315660954"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=87932.msg1053916#msg1053916 date=1315656257]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=87932.msg1053915#msg1053915 date=1315656167]
[/quote]
[/quote]Hahaha.... >:( I have really tried to be more positive about our team this season. With that said, I dont appreciate parents/fans tracking me down and getting in my face at a game because they dont like what has been posted on this forum. Uhh, it's a public message board people! Everybody that posts on here has an opinion, and we are free to express our opinion. Thats what living in this great country is all about. So, if your child is a player on a high profile team that has had alot of success in the past, expect a little criticism! If you dont like what I, or anybody else says, with regards to your child/player on the field....DONT READ IT! Its that simple! Have a nice day! :)
[/quote]

82 wow, I think this is the one and ONLY time I TOTALLY agree with you.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1053947" timestamp="1315660954"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=87932.msg1053916#msg1053916 date=1315656257]
[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL--Easy now shotgun.....I was recognizing your more positive image while at the same time acknowleging my desire to express a few things that i was concerned about.  It may not have come out that way.  8)

82-

I agree, way too many stalled drives last night.... And I know what you mean by wanting someone to put the offense on their shoulders, and I agree that no one has done that yet....

I was happy to see Stump sit in the pocket a little longer last night, although it was easy because that offensive line did a great job all night long.... There were probably a handful (if not less) of times that Stump really had to make a decision about what to do.... 

Good job all around, but there were probably 2 or 3 scores left on the field, I agree....

[quote name="HubTx" post="1054118" timestamp="1315677823"]
82-

I agree, way too many stalled drives last night.... And I know what you mean by wanting someone to put the offense on their shoulders, and I agree that no one has done that yet....

I was happy to see Stump sit in the pocket a little longer last night, although it was easy because that offensive line did a great job all night long.... There were probably a handful (if not less) of times that Stump really had to make a decision about what to do.... 

Good job all around, but there were probably 2 or 3 scores left on the field, I agree....
[/quote]It looks like we both watched the same game. Excellent post, sir. Very well said.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham