La Porte vs. Klein Forest Game Thread/Klein wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="SFA85" post="1053458" timestamp="1315622277"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=88010.msg1053443#msg1053443 date=1315622102]
Why KF winning this game?
[/quote]

Because they pull from the same pool as Aldine Ike plus coaching...
[/quote]That makes sense. Don't they have Davis at QB?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1053496" timestamp="1315622763"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=88010.msg1053458#msg1053458 date=1315622277]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=88010.msg1053443#msg1053443 date=1315622102]
Why KF winning this game?
[/quote]

Because they pull from the same pool as Aldine Ike plus coaching...
[/quote]That makes sense. Don't they have Davis at QB?
[/quote]

I dunno.  The blue chipper going 2 A&M?

[quote name="mypooh" post="1053622" timestamp="1315624843"]
I'm sure Klein Forest loaded up the box and forced Laporte 5'8 QB to beat them. Hint Hint PAM coaches
[/quote]

Hint hint that won't be anything new in that game.  P.A.M. is always more talented thatn La Porte but they forget that this ain't a EA Sports game. Titans do load the box but excecution is still needed.  Remember we put them out the playoffs sveral years in a row and allso last year's victory

[quote name="LP0175" post="1053866" timestamp="1315637789"]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=88010.msg1053622#msg1053622 date=1315624843]
I'm sure Klein Forest loaded up the box and forced Laporte 5'8 QB to beat them. Hint Hint PAM coaches
[/quote]

Hint hint that won't be anything new in that game.  P.A.M. is always more talented thatn La Porte but they forget that this ain't a EA Sports game. Titans do load the box but excecution is still needed.  Remember we put them out the playoffs sveral years in a row and allso last year's victory
[/quote]
;D hold up lp0175 ....thats the past

[quote name="LP0175" post="1053866" timestamp="1315637789"]
[/quote]

[/quote] >:( >:( >:(

[quote name="ballin4life" post="1053965" timestamp="1315661947"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=88010.msg1053866#msg1053866 date=1315637789]
[/quote]

[/quote]
;D hold up lp0175 ....thats the past
[/quote]

I'm well aware...but Titan fans keep bringing up the past. From what I see from LP this year its going to be another tuff LP defense and a "how are they scoring" offense.

LP0175 Man much respect to LaPorte football program. I've watch them run about 5 run plays and 2 pass play and just man handle PAM the past 4 years. 3 out of the 4 I had sons that started at PAM. Avg score 42-15 in those games. i know that it want be easy at all but you would think the PAM coaches would get a little better at stopping the trap to the TE side of he field in year 5. Hell we played the 1993 team that won 22-5a undefeated. You remember them teams the one with Chris Anderson and A. Simpson. Much love to the LaPorte program but we out to stop that trend this year.

[quote name="mypooh" post="1054315" timestamp="1315698547"]
LP0175 Man much respect to LaPorte football program. I've watch them run about 5 run plays and 2 pass play and just man handle PAM the past 4 years. 3 out of the 4 I had sons that started at PAM. Avg score 42-15 in those games. i know that it want be easy at all but you would think the PAM coaches would get a little better at stopping the trap to the TE side of he field in year 5. Hell we played the 1993 team that won 22-5a undefeated. You remember them teams the one with Chris Anderson and A. Simpson. Much love to the LaPorte program but we out to stop that trend this year.
[/quote]

I do..that '93 team is a favored team in LP history. Shame they ran into a much improved Odell James or it would have been state champs. I played P.A. Jefferson my freshman year in high school.

I do believe Titans are being grossly misused. Its clear to me that the "spread offense" is hindering their success. Prime example, when I watched the play-off game between LP and Memorial at Stallworth Stadium in Baytown. I watched Memorial die in that spread offense. In the first half Memorial ran the zone option to no success. The second half when the wind (blowing 30 mph) ran faster than Usane Bolt, Titans decided to pass the ball (into the wind none-the-less). Being down 20 Memorial threw screens and curls of 5 yds or less. I knew from then on until Titans get a coaching staff that is not afraid to go against the sexy "spread" the it would continue to be underachivers.

Yes that 93 team was stacked Yusuf Scott Teddy McGrew Chris Anderson Antonio Simpson. We also lost to Odell James in the playoffs that year. 21-7 We where floored when they beat ya'll 30-0 having played both teams we just knew that ya'll would embrass them. That MacArthur team jelled at the right time I guess.

I fully agree with you about our spread offense and one of the reason I don't like the spread is that in the playoffs you going to have bad weather. Bad Weather is not meant to be throwing the ball all over the field. We going about 270 across on the OL. These kids play the whole game without a grass stain on there uniforms. I love to watch Laporte play with those down and dirty OL FB and TE. RB get the ball and head straight down hill.

As far as I can remember LP has run the wishbone, then my sophmore year on varsity we ran Tennessee Vols playbook but still ran the option out of I-back.  LP's calling card has always been 3 yds and a cloud of dust. I respect it. Not until college ball did I realize the beauty of running the ball down a defenses throat! Its demoralizing to a defense to be cut for 3 yds or so over and over and over. 3rd and 2, as a defense you're siked to stop them, you know the offense is running the ball everyone knows the offense is running tghe ball, hike and what do you know....firstdown by a yard. Its like sriking ice cream infront of a fat kids reach and every time he gets within a finger tip of that sweet bliss you pull it back and take a lick of it. Haha.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham