Port Arthur Memorial vs. Alice Game Thread/Memorial wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="SFA85" post="1054379" timestamp="1315700766"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=88050.msg1054373#msg1054373 date=1315700622]
[quote author=mypooh link=topic=88050.msg1054369#msg1054369 date=1315700464]
The only problem we will never see a Katy team as long as GP Northshore in 21-5A. That's why there is a big school playoffs and a little school. Do you think that PNG can play with Lake Travis / Aledo ?
[/quote]

never said i did and i never said png was going very far but the way yall make it sound memorial is already state champs and by the way do your research it is possible for yall to meet up with katy
[/quote]

I don't know who this "y'all" you refer to.  I am probably PAM's biggest critic from a coaching and schematic standpoint.  Toned down my criticism this year because I have friends with kids playing
[/quote]

Very honorable, I applaud this post.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="indianforever" post="1054386" timestamp="1315700962"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=88050.msg1054370#msg1054370 date=1315700512]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=88050.msg1054368#msg1054368 date=1315700441]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=88050.msg1054363#msg1054363 date=1315700286]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=88050.msg1054358#msg1054358 date=1315700125]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=88050.msg1054346#msg1054346 date=1315699724]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=88050.msg1054331#msg1054331 date=1315699212]
memorial will not go very far this year in my opinion...wait till they play a quality team...they are very undisciplined
[/quote]What are you talking about this is the same team that went 3rd deep , deep last year. This is the same team that held the Indians to 0 pts in a scrimmage. We will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

watch and see...if you all meet up with a 5A team that is decent those penalties are going to kill you...mark my words...memorial is known for blowing games and you know that....and by the way do you honestly think you can keep up with a KATY caliber team...i dont
[/quote]

Nobody in 21-5A can.  NS got blown out the first game, WB will get it handed to them next week.  Katy is the measuring stick for all 5A ball in Reg 3.  No big shocker so what's your point?
[/quote]

you beat up on a weak and i mean a weak 4a team that 3a teams around here can beat...that doesnt show me anything
[/quote]

And PN-G has beaten whom of note in the last 8 years???
[/quote]

if you want to go that way when was the last time memorial were DISTRICT CHAMPS...lol
[/quote]

Been a minute.  Either '03 or '04 but it was 5A now.  8 team district if my memory serves me...

@SFA85 Nederland and B Hill had a good ole bench clearing brawl last night after the late hit on Raines. I guess that was discipline. Football is a game you have to play with a edge. It not like any other sport excpet Hockey. Hell I never played hockey so I can't tell you LOL

What is there to fix other than special teams?? Seems like someone is kind of salty Memorial is starting off the season like they did last yr but with a BETTER team. Btw Memorial won't see Katy in the playoffs unless by some miracle that Seven Lakes or Morton Ranch gets in. That ain't happening. Oh last time they got a piece of that district title I believe was 2004 & 2009.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1054389" timestamp="1315701022"]
I said it from the end of last year through the preseason workouts, Memorial will make a deep run. They have it all. Are they as good as Katy....no. But they will go deep. I don't buy the no discipline label. They are very discipline. I've seen them in person multiple times. And this is coming from a PN-G grad.
[/quote]

Some PN-G/MC fans are reasonable, some are anal about certain topics and schools....

[quote name="indianforever" post="1054383" timestamp="1315700854"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88050.msg1054376#msg date=1315700699]
Memorial is a great team.  Yet, there is someone there to not give them credit by bringinh up the 'no discipline' comment.  (that question that I've asked has never been answered.  What does 'no disciplined' really mean?  Memorial will go really far in the playoffs.  They're loaded.  Indianforever, I don't even think you've seen these guys on the field.
[/quote]

oh yes i have and i have seen some powerhouses this year and i am not trying to down memorial i hope they go far but they have alot to fix. 
[/quote]At this point of the season, there are a lot of teams that need to fix a lot.  But I an tell you this. Memorial probably have the less things to fix than any team around here, that includes your Indians and my Jags. They play teams on their schedule and they are beating them in convincing fasion. I think they will go far in the playoffs. I think they will beat NS this year

[quote name="mypooh" post="1054398" timestamp="1315701186"]
@SFA85 Nederland and B Hill had a good ole bench clearing brawl last night after the late hit on Raines. I guess that was discipline. Football is a game you have to play with a edge. It not like any other sport excpet Hockey. Hell I never played hockey so I can't tell you LOL
[/quote]

Oh, I recall year before last, PN-G was on the listening end of a 16-0 loss @the hands of Central and lost the fight too.  At the reservation no less.  I guess the Indians 'him show no discipline to dark faced jaguars' lol....

I mean really what where the post that set you off Indian? I can't recall one where anyone in here was talking PAM up during the game. Hell to be honest the D scares me. without sacks counted I think we have given up 3 100 yard rushing games to what you call weak opponents. Central won there district and PNG beat Ozen in OT last year. I think we all know that we have not been tested but at least unlike past years we makind short work of these opponents. Trust everyone in Port Arthur is looking forward to traveling to Northshore on the 7th of October and seeing a good high school football game. 

[quote name="mypooh" post="1054412" timestamp="1315701650"]
I mean really what where the post that set you off Indian? I can't recall one where anyone in here was talking PAM up during the game. Hell to be honest the D scares me. without sacks counted I think we have given up 3 100 yard rushing games to what you call weak opponents. Central won there district and PNG beat Ozen in OT last year. I think we all know that we have not been tested but at least unlike past years we makind short work of these opponents. Trust everyone in Port Arthur is looking forward to traveling to Northshore on the 7th of October and seeing a good high school football game.
[/quote]

i am sorry if i set anyone off i just stated the penalties will hurt memorial if they dont get fixed...i hope memorial goes all the way this year and represent setx...GOD know we need someone around here its been to long...GOOD LUCK MEMORIAL TITANS....i am behind you

@Indianforever that sounds better cause I'm with PAM all the way, but hell like I tell my co workers as long as W Brook has Craig Stump designing and calling plays there is always a chance they will beat PAM. I think this is a year where we may be able to overcame some of our short comings and be a contender in the Region III. Not saying that our coach isn't good but like with any job after training there is still something to learn. I can see a difference in the program now and under coach Thompson. When Thompson was there it was like getting teeth pulled watching a game. Coach Kenny is has the second shortest tenure in the district. Hell he is just getting his feet wet.

He is building a strong baseline with the feeder schools too. When Thompson was there it was 3 middle schools. All three where in the some district trying to win games. All three where running three different systems. Who does that ??? It's about winning on Friday nights. The middle school is the teaching part helping the kids learn the game of football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham