The SETXsports/Hamburger Depot Weekly HS Preview Show/ TONIGHT 6pm!!

AggiesAreWe

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1056520" timestamp="1315967599"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=88154.msg1056438#msg1056438 date=1315960976]
So far Vidor has only given up 40 points
[/quote]

We'll see how that goes when you guys start playing 4A schools!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah yeah, we'll be just fine in district.
LOL....like you guys have played some real power house's, Gregory-Portland who has been shout out twice, you lost to a 1-2 Crosby team and beat Tx. City......give me a break. PNG has a good offense but your defense is very suspect, 1 of the worst in 20-4A as it stands right now......so we'll see how your defense holds up in district.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1056569" timestamp="1315991004"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=88154.msg1056520#msg1056520 date=1315967599]
[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL....like you guys have played some real power house's, Gregory-Portland who has been shout out twice, you lost to a 1-2 Crosby team and beat Tx. City......give me a break. PNG has a good offense but your defense is very suspect, 1 of the worst in 20-4A as it stands right now......so we'll see how your defense holds up in district.
[/quote]

True, but none of them team play weak schedules to pad their records. How is playing a weak pre-season schedule prepare you for district? To be honest I root for Vidor, but they need to prepare themselves better for district with a tougher pre-season schedule. If we played a weak pre-season schedule we'd have a better defense, but we would not be ready for district or the speed of the game.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1056585" timestamp="1316000273"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=88154.msg1056569#msg1056569 date=1315991004]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True, but none of them team play weak schedules to pad their records. How is playing a weak pre-season schedule prepare you for district? To be honest I root for Vidor, but they need to prepare themselves better for district with a tougher pre-season schedule. If we played a weak pre-season schedule we'd have a better defense, but we would not be ready for district or the speed of the game.
[/quote]

I hear ya......but I think Vidor will be ready, there's just something special about this Pirate team.....but we'll see in district.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1056589" timestamp="1316000701"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=88154.msg1056585#msg1056585 date=1316000273]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=88154.msg1056569#msg1056569 date=1315991004]
[/quote]

Vidor will be in post season. 

1. Livingston
2. Vidor
3. Nederland
4. PNG

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hear ya......but I think Vidor will be ready, there's just something special about this Pirate team.....but we'll see in district.
[/quote]

As for as Vidors pre-district schedule, I know that Mathews has made an effort to schedule good teams, for example he tried to get Crosby in 2010 but for some stupid reason the powers that be there refused to play Vidor so he scheduled Tx. High which won state in 02 and has been a post season playoff team throughout the last decade, As for Kirbyville I'm sure your familiar with what they have done, I don't think Mathews had a crystal ball to tell him how they would perform this yr. When he scheduled Bridge City they had a 6-4 record with 2 district losses to WOS and Silsbee. So these were not weak teams when he scheduled them even though two are 3A teams. As for the speed of the game......all the teams that we've played has speed, Tx. High probably has some of the best speed will see this yr.

Right now as far as district goes every team is sitting at 0-0 I just hope every body can stay as injury free as possible. We'll see how it turns out, should be a very exiting year.

[quote name="VPirate" post="1056652" timestamp="1316008425"]
As for as Vidors pre-district schedule, I know that Mathews has made an effort to schedule good teams, for example he tried to get Crosby in 2010 but for some stupid reason the powers that be there refused to play Vidor so he scheduled Tx. High which won state in 02 and has been a post season playoff team throughout the last decade, As for Kirbyville I'm sure your familiar with what they have done, I don't think Mathews had a crystal ball to tell him how they would perform this yr. When he scheduled Bridge City they had a 6-4 record with 2 district losses to WOS and Silsbee. So these were not weak teams when he scheduled them even though two are 3A teams. As for the speed of the game......all the teams that we've played has speed, Tx. High probably has some of the best speed will see this yr.

Right now as far as district goes every team is sitting at 0-0 I just hope every body can stay as injury free as possible. We'll see how it turns out, should be a very exiting year.
[/quote]

I agree completely.  Most folks need to remember that these games were scheduled back in February 2010.  At the time, Kirbyville was a new 3A team off of 2 appearances in the 2A division I state championship game and appeared to be a contender to do the same in 3A Division II as they defeated the team that ultimately made that appearance, Coldspring.  Bridge City was another contender and Texas High is a perennial 4A playoff team.  I'm not sure that Coach Mathews, or any other coach for that matter, asked at those meetings of their potential opponents, "Well, what does your team look like in 2011?"

This is a long way from scheduling the likes of Gulf Shores Academy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32