West Brook's Redd wins appeal to UIL, declared eligible

AggiesAreWe

[quote name="bigred360" post="1057125" timestamp="1316042903"]
I in no way, shape or form question the integrity of Coach Thompson. However, I can imagine how kids got their informaton. For example, Reed speaking to a classmate "I'm going to transfer to West Brook in the spring and play football next season for the Bruins."

Based on that, it sound like he is transferring to play football. However, what be may have left out of the conversation is his father or mother gained employment in Beaumont.

I'm we'll aware of LC-M getting several transfers from WO-S but that goes both ways as a stud WR who ended up getting a scholarship transferred from LC-M to WO-S within the past five years. Can't recall is name right now but I'm sure others will remember.

[/quote]

LaDarius White is the guy you are thinking of.  I even recall Coach Williams filling out such a form for a guy by the last name of Thomas.

Titan Power, 86 Hawk, and WeedBeGone...my comments were directly to AggiesAreWe.  He and I have a history of exchanging private messages on matters such as these.  I understand that the Redd kid's situation has some newsworthiness, however, the original intent of my initial post was to point out the fact that AAW goes out of his way to highlight ANYTHING and EVERYTHING negative about WO-S, whether it be petty or something in the news.  Furthermore, he tries to pretend that he's just a nice guy who means no harm.  I didn't expect you or others outside of WO-S to catch it, but td did, as well as many other WO-S faithful.  Again, the story itself was not the issue to me, but rather the intent behind the person who brought it up. 

I don't care to get into AAW highlighting stuff about WO-S or any of that....

But I would like to say that bashing Coach Thompson for checking the box is ridiculous... I have never met Coach Thompson, and have never had any ties to WO-S.... But this is a man who felt like what he answered was the truth, or he wouldn't have checked the box... As far as Redd telling a classmate that he was moving to play football at West Brook, I'm not so sure that you can really believe that or go by that or even consider it... If you've never been in a high school locker room or field house, there are tons of things said in there that are unbelievable, as well as high school kids and their ability to stretch a story or leave out important details!

I had a discussion with a coach here in Rusk where I live about this same waiver as a kid had transferred out and in and back out.... They said that the list of questions are simple, asking a coach their OPINION... Coaches don't want to have to go to Austin.... Don't think for a second that Coach Thompson made this decision thinking "Yeah, we'll go to Austin during the week of the Jasper game while we're 0-2 and I need to be at practice".... This had to be a bother for ALL involved....

It doesn't matter whether we think he moved for athletic purposes or not, the UIL says he didn't.... I'm happy the young man won't miss an entire season, he's already missed three games that he'll never get back!!!

UIL needs to get high TECH.  We have the ability now a days  to hold conference calls.  I think it is ridiculous to travel the big state of Texas for a 1 hour or less hearing. 
If it is disciplinary --make the coach travel.  If it is Q and A--dial in.  Go Green, save gas, keep people at work, at school, and dont put unnecessary lives on the road for a quick turn around so they can hopefully rush back to practice.  This probably would not have been such a big story if UIL can more efficiently resolve issues. 

Also, the opinion box is just what it is.  Since when does opinions really matter in the legal world.  It should be facts only. 

This hole mess could have been cleared up with Thompson and the parents before the form was sent out.  If you want to put the man on your shoulders for cking the form.....go ahead.  I would put him on my shoulders for trying to fix it before all this mess. 

He did what he felt he needed to.  New coach. New way of doing things.  He did what was required but could have done more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4