THINGS YOU WILL NOT HEAR MIKE SANCHEZ SAY DURING THE CHESTER/CCS GAME SATURDAY!!

WOSgrad

As y'all know, Saturday Night Lights continues on well, Saturday afternoon at 5:00 p.m. in Orange at Community Christian School where we will all be given a taste of 6 man football in a game involving the SETX's two six man teams, the Chester Yellowjackets and the Orange Community Christian Lions.  Now what I am about to tell y'all is old hat to Lion and Yellowjacket fans.  But as there are folks that will either be at the game or viewing on CW Channel 10 or on kfdm.com, they need to know of some of the rules changes between the 11 man and 6 man varieties.  So I decided to kind of give it to you in a practical way.  Let's begin by talking about things you won't hear Mike say on Saturday:

[b]1.  "It is Chester/CCS ball, 1st and 10 at the 50 yard line with 11:15 left to go in the 1st quarter."[/b]

Mike will not say this as this statement incorporates the 3 biggest differences between 6man and 11man

1.  There is no 50 yard line as the 6 man field is only 80 yards from goal line to goal line and 40 yards from sideline to sideline.  This is in contrast to the 100x53 1/3 yard field used in 11 man;

2.  It takes 15 yards to gain a 1st down in 6 man football, not 10;

3.  Quarters in 6 man football are 10 minutes, not 12.

[b]2.  "Sam Hubert/Jacob Trevino takes the ball on a quarterback keeper."[/b]

Mike won't say this is as the quarterback keeper is an illegal play as there must be some exchange of the football for it to be advanced past the line of scrimmage.  That exhange can be in the form of a handoff, pitch, pass (either behind or beyond the line of scrimmage) or a kick.

[b]3.  "Chester/CCS is being called for an ineligible reciever down field"[/b]

Mike won't say that as ALL offensive players are eligible receivers.  Although rules do specify that a pass to the center must travel as least one yard in the air.

[b]4.  "And Chester/CCS puts the ball through the uprights for the extra point" or "Chester/CCS runs the ball in for the 2 point conversion"[/b]

Mike won't say this because the point after kick is 2 points, not 1.  And running or passing the ball on the converstion attempt is worth 1 point, not 2.

[b]5.  "The score is 3-0 after the 30 yard field goal by Chester/CCS"[/b]

Mike won't say this is as a field goal in 6 man is worth 4 points, not 3.

[b]6.  "That onside kick traveled 10 yard so it is legal"[/b]

Mike won't say this is as in 6 man, an onside kick must travel 15 yards.

[b]7.  "With 3:45 left in the 3rd quarter, Chester/CCS leads 60-0"[/b]

Why Mike won't be saying this as there is a mercy rule in 6 man.  If any team is ahead by 45 points or more at halftime or later, then the game is called.

It is truly an exciting game and I encourage folks to get out to the field on Saturday or tune in to the game.  You won't be disappointed!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1068136" timestamp="1317200996"]
"Folks I have a few score updates.  For those interested, WOS and Beaumont Central won it's game tonight".  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Your right. He won't say that because WO-S and Central play Friday night, not Saturday. Smart guy!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1068136" timestamp="1317200996"]
"Folks I have a few score updates.  For those interested, WOS and Beaumont Central won it's game tonight".  ;D ;D
[/quote] :D :D You seem to have a lot of jokes.  You just better hope the ant mound don't see Central in the playoffs.  Remember, yall were undefeated and district champs and we were 3rd place in 2006 and  you remember how that turned out.  ;) ;)  Keep cracking jokes.  Let's see who laughs last. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4