Your Fav FB Team Best Year-Stats-Bit of Setx History

liltex

Dayton 2008 4a div2 state finalist-lost to Sulphur Springs 69-49.Game set 4a 11 man scoring record for a title gm.of 118 points-Offense stats:Dayton 624 tot yds-SS 778 tot yds=1,402 tot yds of offense @Alamodome.Broncos finished the year w/3,323 rush,3,195 yds pass=6,518 season yds.Still love to watch that final dvd.Post your fav 8)

That 08 yr.freshman rb Jakarri Delasbour rushed for his 1st varsity td of 59 yds vs.CE King.I feel for JD w/his season ending leg injury last year and not being able to contibute much thus far this season for Dayton.Still praying for you Jak ;)

The 08-09 Central Jaguars. That was one of my Favorite teams. 9-4, 20-4A Co-District Champs, Had one of the better Fastesr Defenseive units to come through central also a very Defensive minded coach. Had a game control smash-mouth offense that controled the game clock. Had alot of playmakers and depth on that team, Had some of the best games i had even been to, like the Angelton game which in my opinion is one of the Greatest games in Setx history, also no to mention that they went 4-rounds deep before loseing to Friendswood 20-19, which in my opinion we were the better team an should have punched our ticket to meet Garrett Gilbert and Lake Travis,

I'll have to give another Central team, the 2003 team under Suggs.  Very defensive minded group.  That team was led by 2nd year jr. QB Jordy Matherson (the little big man), Michael Feacher (1,000 yard rusher) and on defense led by DE Anthony Collins (current NFL players for Bengals).  This team led us in the playoffs and went the farthest at that time of any Central team, 3 rounds deep.  Collins amazed us all as he was a 1 year starter and won a lot of first team defensive player of the year.  At 6'5", he was a load.  We barely made the playoffs due to the 2003 Ozen/PN-G drama that year.  The PN-G win put us in the playoffs and we made the most of it.  We ran into a very salty Bay City team, that mirrored us in every way.  Strong running game, salty defense, and suspect passing.  We lost by a score in this game.  It was fun watching those guys get better every game. 

Small school I know, but the 1998 Newton Eagle team was IMO the best Newton ever produced and we've had many. Went DII in 3A and was the 5th smallest school in all of 3A. Beat Daingerfield in the state title game 21-0. Excellent defense, rushing, and passing game as well as all out team speed. Unsung Josh Harrell was the nose guard and disrupted the handoff from the opposing QB on numerous times and caused fumbles on the exchange. That was Coach Barbay's first title as head coach. It was a great ride. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo