SETXsports WEEKLY HIGH SCHOOL PREVIEW SHOW -TONIGHT at 6pm in NEDERLAND!!!

The SETXsports Crew heads back to Nederland for the HAMBURGER DEPOT SETXsports HIGH SCHOOL WEEKLY PREVIEW SHOW at the Hamburger Depot on 1920 Nederland Ave. in Nederland this TONIGHT at 6 pm! Join Mike Sanchez, Gabe Pruett and Robert Sells as they review last week's action and the offensive and defensive players of the week.  They will also reveal the SETXsports Big School and Small School Rankings and preview the big games happening in Week 9.

So all you Mid-County folks make sure to come on down to the Hamburger Depot to enjoy good fun and great food.  Of course, if you can't be there, make sure to listen by clicking the following link:

http://setxsports.com/index.php/broadcasts/shows/1143-setxsports-show

So be sure to join in the fun on the Hamburger Depot SETXsports Weekly High School Preview Show at 6pm-8pm TONIGHT!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Robert:  Since he is two weeks away from having some spare time, would he go ahead and begin spraying the Butch for mosquitos?  When BH comes over and thumps PNG, we don't want any mosquito bites on our pretty faces.  We already have to contend with the "ant mounds" so don't want any competition.

Thanks so much BMT Central and Robert for supporting your fans in BH.  ;)

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1093603" timestamp="1319538953"]
Question for Robert:  Since he is two weeks away from having some spare time, would he go ahead and begin spraying the Butch for mosquitos?  When BH comes over and thumps PNG, we don't want any mosquito bites on our pretty faces.  We already have to content with the "ant mounds" so don't want any competition.

[/quote] ;D ;D Go ahead and get your laughs in.  Just know that Ozen, Livingston, or PN-G  will be waiting in the first round and ready to administer yet another first round let down. 

Still a few ? marks about who makes da playoffs from 19-4a.I still believe Dayt finds a way to win a spot.Don't go to sleep on da Broncos just yet.We've struggled w/o Delasbour (dist mvp rb)and a ankle injury to Mc Bride in the Ned scrimm but showing healthy signs somewhat now.This team scored 14-1st qtr pts.(24 tot) on a Eagle defense that has not allowed anybody over 10 tot.pts.Dayton had 19-1st dwn=364 yds as BH won on a td w/22 sec left on the clock.BH has a great offense w/13-1st dwns=396 tot yds on Dayt.Note:My scenario=Dayt has not lived up to it's Offense scoring lots ppg because the Defense(young)has been on the field trying to slow teams down.A team known to play DEFENSE 1st for yrs.BH is for REAL-Dayton so-so but still  dangerous.Have not heard if Herrera will see play time vs.Crosby after taking a big hit.Good luck to every team fighting for a spot ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1093622" timestamp="1319544927"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=90392.msg1093603#msg1093603 date=1319538953]
Question for Robert:  Since he is two weeks away from having some spare time, would he go ahead and begin spraying the Butch for mosquitos?  When BH comes over and thumps PNG, we don't want any mosquito bites on our pretty faces.  We already have to content with the "ant mounds" so don't want any competition.

[/quote] ;D ;D Go ahead and get your laughs in.  Just know that Ozen, Livingston, or PN-G  will be waiting in the first round and ready to administer yet another first round let down.
[/quote]

I can honestly say that not a single one of those teams even concern me.  Ozen and Livingston will get beat like a drum if that happens and I can't comment on PNG since I have not seen them this year, however I don't see them beating BH by any stretch of the imagination. 

For those of you who talk on the internet and have never seen teams outside of Orange or Jefferson County....... ;) ;) ;).... here are some stats to ponder before you go predicting playoff winners/losers.

[u][b]BH Stats[/b][/u]
[b]Offense[/b]
Rushing Avg/Carry = 6.09 yds
Passing Avg/Catch = 18.24 yds
1st in district rushing offense
2nd in district scoring
2nd in district total offense
QB has 1 interception all year, 7 TD's and 57% completion ratio

[b][u]Defense[/u][/b] (sit down for this Robert...oh wait you are..... ;D)
1st in district rushing defense
3rd in district passing defense
2nd in district total team defense
Top 4 interception leaders from BH
Top defensive leaders in district from BH
Allowing 8 points per game on average

Beat 20-4a Leader Nederland; Beat Central's next daddy Lumberton; Beat Dayton; Beat Baytown Lee like a drum

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="bh89-2" post="1093835" timestamp="1319559325"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=90392.msg1093830#msg1093830 date=1319559063]
Barbers Hill would beat all three of those teams. BH will be the only 19-4A team surviving bi-district though
[/quote]

I'll take that bet!!!!!  19-4A will win 3 out of 4.
[/quote]
What you wanna bet? Lets see how much faith you have in 19-4A.  ::)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1093941" timestamp="1319564484"]
I'm in there tonight. Mosquitos will not stop me.

Um, my question still hasn't been answered. When was the last time BH got passed the first round?
[/quote]

As BHFAn stated, in 2005 Kibyville kicked a 23 yard field goal during the area playoffs to win 36-34 with time expiring.  I call this one the Don Price and Jackie Byrd blunder.  We totally dominated Kirbyville in the 2nd half shutting them down.  Kicked off to them with less than a minute remaining and went to "PREVENT" defense.  We allowed two very long passes to set-up a winning field goal.  Thank goodness that game signified the beginning of the end for the Price error.

In 2000 they went to Area and was beat by Sweeny 31-7
[url=http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1515&S=2000&GUID=373629928]http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1515&S=2000&GUID=373629928 [/url]

In 1999 they went to Regional and was beat by Robinson 24-7

In 2011 they beat PNG like a war drum and the beating was so bad the Livingston Lions cried for 3 days.  Some say it's because they both were "one with nature".  Personally I think it's because the Lions like the gay indian dance and hated to see it end.  ;D ;D ;D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="bh89-2" post="1093965" timestamp="1319566266"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=90392.msg1093941#msg1093941 date=1319564484]

Um, my question still hasn't been answered. When was the last time BH got passed the first round?
[/quote]

In 2011 they beat PNG like a war drum and the beating was so bad the Livingston Lions cried for 3 days.  Some say it's because they both were "one with nature".  Personally I think it's because the Lions like the gay indian dance and hated to see it end.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Wow. You really think your gonna get past PNG? Look how much trouble you had vs Nederland. They almost beat you in overtime and you had trouble containing there offense and you think your actually gonna be able to hold the PNG offense? You are in for a rude wake up call BH.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1093965" timestamp="1319566266"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=90392.msg1093941#msg1093941 date=1319564484]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We have made it to the second round more than that. I know we got beat twice by Kirbyville in the second round after 2000 :'(

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093970" timestamp="1319566450"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=90392.msg1093965#msg1093965 date=1319566266]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wow. You really think your gonna get past PNG? Look how much trouble you had vs Nederland. They almost beat you in overtime and you had trouble containing there offense and you think your actually gonna be able to hold the PNG offense? You are in for a rude wake up call BH.
[/quote]

6 fumbles Vs Nederland  (2 were lost) and they were all QB to Center snaps! BH should have beaten Nederland and it should have never went into OT, but instead we did everything we could do to blow that game. Thanks to a rare miss by the Ned Kicker we squeeked out of there.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1093971" timestamp="1319566458"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We have made it to the second round more than that. I know we got beat twice by Kirbyville in the second round after 2000 :'(
[/quote]

Like Robert, I erased those games from my memory like a Central vs. BH Basketball game.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
How about we just look at the common opponent that BH and Ned have to compare there defense. They both played Lumberton.

BH's stats against Lumberton. Lumberton had 192 yards in that game and 6 points. Nederland's stats against Lumberton Lumberton had 84 yards and 0 points. PNG on the other hand had 600 yards against Lumberton and 57 points. Looks like to me that either BH opponents aren't that great or Nederland's defense is just better.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093970" timestamp="1319566450"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not just get past them, dominate them. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ed T.
    Newest Member
    Ed T.