NEDERLAND VS. HARDIN-JEFFERSON BROADCAST/HJ WINS 71-46

WOSgrad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1127175" timestamp="1321938410"]
Scrappy??  You got that right.  [b]One of the most physical teams[/b] I have seen in a long time.  Hope #40 and #20 are alright for Big Ned!!!!
[/quote]

I don't think that has EVER been said about a Nederland basketball team, but i agree with you. Ned has always had passive teams/players. However, they seemed to play with a different mentality tonight. Maybe it was the atmosphere and level of competition??

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1127127" timestamp="1321935253"]
HJ should [b]win state [/b] this year. If I could bet on them, I would. Ned will be fine. They just need to work some things out.
[/quote]

It will be hard for them to win state since our 3A region is really good, especially with Mexia (team that knocked HJ out last year.) Dont get me wrong this HJ team is good, but don't under estimate Nederland. That is why you schedule tough teams in the preseason. So it gets you ready for District when it really matters. Nederland has potential, and thats one of the scariest things in Basketball.  Great win HJ!  Best of luck to both teams on a great and SAFE season.

This have to be a good team.  I know that our defending district champions have lost a lot to graduation with 2 6'5" players in Forney and Smith, but I did expect a more difficult struggle.  to come in and beat the defending champs by 20+ says a lot.  I know it's early in the season, but still.  We beat H-J last year and those young guns Prudohm (sp) and Bosh were a scrappy bunch.  With an extra year under their belt and the experience with that deep playoff run, I would imagin that sky is the limit for this team.  I want to see their size.  I guess I'll see that first hand Friday.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1127107" timestamp="1321933695"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92034.msg1126976#msg1126976 date=1321928878]
time left and qtr?
[/quote]

I hate to break this to you, Dove but both of your predictions (final score and rebounding) were not close to being correct.  I have you down at 0 for 2.
[/quote] :'( Nederland, and yall really thought yall were ready for the big time.

[quote name="#1 Manager" post="1127203" timestamp="1321944788"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=92034.msg1127127#msg1127127 date=1321935253]
HJ should [b]win state [/b] this year. If I could bet on them, I would. Ned will be fine. They just need to work some things out.
[/quote]

It will be hard for them to win state since our 3A region is really good, especially with Mexia (team that knocked HJ out last year.) Dont get me wrong this HJ team is good, but don't under estimate Nederland. That is why you schedule tough teams in the preseason. So it gets you ready for District when it really matters. Nederland has potential, and thats one of the scariest things in Basketball.  Great win HJ!  Best of luck to both teams on a great and SAFE season.
[/quote]C'mon boys, back tot he lab! We got A LOT OF WORK to do 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1127231" timestamp="1321964053"]
This have to be a good team.  I know that our defending district champions have lost a lot to graduation with 2 6'5" players in Forney and Smith, but I did expect a more difficult struggle.  to come in and beat the defending champs by 20+ says a lot.  I know it's early in the season, but still.  We beat H-J last year and those young guns Prudohm (sp) and Bosh were a scrappy bunch.  With an extra year under their belt and the experience with that deep playoff run, I would imagin that sky is the limit for this team.  I want to see their size.  I guess I'll see that first hand Friday.
[/quote]Don't mak any excuses for us..err Nederland. They had their time. Obviously they had me fooled.  ;D

[quote name="BEARCAT" post="1127296" timestamp="1321971706"]
Does Ned. have any good players still in football (those that should contribute good min.)?
[/quote]

Two rebounders, but not normal scorers..

Very surprised by this score, but not worried ;) This team will be fine but needs to realize that showing up to the gym doesn't mean you are going to win

[quote name="stevenash" post="1127331" timestamp="1321975327"]
Does anyone else out there agree with me that Weisbrod should spend more time in the paint as opposed to the perimiter?
[/quote]

[size=36pt][b]THANK YOU!!!!![/b][/size]

I thought I was the only one with this line of thinking. I just didn't understand why he was out on the perimeter and not down on the block somewhere. Just doesn't make much sense. Particularly with his shot, not very good. For him to be outside shooting three's with that shot is not a good game plan. No arc on his shot what so ever. Also, he was relied on heavily to help bring the ball down the floor against the press which helps keep him out of position, down on the low block.

Again, what I saw from Nederland last night was a far cry from their team from last year. Only a 7 man rotation (only went to that 8th man when an injury occurred). The guard play was very erratic and cracked many times under pressure, several bad passes and poor decisions. Now, that HJ pressure will do it to the best of them, but I have seen enough of that HJ pressure over the years and that was not the best that this HJ bunch can play. HJ is very, very good but I still say they didn't play as well as they could have.

This game IMO was more about Nederland's inabilities than HJ's abilities.

Unless Nederland is getting some inside help and scoring from some football players, based on what I saw last night, I predict they finish 3rd in district, behind Central and Ozen.

Just my opinion.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1127357" timestamp="1321976628"]
I thought he was pretty good on the block last year complimenting Nederland's senior bigs.  I agree.  The kid is 6'4" ish with size.  He should remain on the block untill he proves he can consistantanly be a threat to hit the mid range jumper or the 3 ball.
[/quote]
I'm not a big fan of him shooting a lot of 3s either, but he hit 7 3s against Kingwood a few weeks ago when they beat them in Houston. It's only the 2nd game of the season though. They'll improve. Two years ago, when they won district for the 1st time, they started the season 3-9! HJ beat them early that year as well by 20+.
Again, i predicted last month that they will struggle early on (because they are young and inexperienced), then they will get it together in time
for district.

He played a bunch on the perimeter, but he posted up several times.  He has great moves on the block as well.  Behind English he is the best ball handler on the team from what I saw.  #35 struggled with the pressure, but I see him being solid once they get some experience.

My verdict still remains the same...........you do not always have to have the most talent to win, as long as you have the best coaching!!!  And no doubt that Nederland has the best coaching in 20-A!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4