Top BBCOR bats?

With Christmas coming up, a lot of you will be buying little Johnny a new bat and these things aren't cheap.  I know we have had other topics about this, but it is worth bringing up again with the season fast approaching.

Any info from personal experience with these bats will be helpful.  Here is one websites review of the new bats for 2012.

http://topbbcor.com/

• 2 months later...
I work at a sporting goods store and get to talk to most bat companies out there. All the bats are not bad but there are some that seem to be better sellers than others.

The Marucci Cat 5 has been the best seller since last summer. Very good bat with good price. Marucci just came out with the Marucci Black (their first half and half model) and we are already sold out with those.

The new Easton Speed and XL series have been performing very well also. The all composite models (XL1, S1) and the all aluminum model (XL3, S3) have been selling better than the half and half models (XL2, S2).

The Rawlings 5150 has been a solid selling bat and has had great reviews. Most don't think of Rawlings when it comes to bats but they are very solid. All aluminum bat and a good price point.

The Rip-It Prototype II is a good performing bat as well. Most either love it or hate it. One good thing Rip-It does is offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't like it. So you can swing it 29 days and for whatever reason, you can send it back for a full refund to Rip-It.

All of the TPX models have not really sold well at all. The Z1000, Exogrid, and Omaha tend to feel a little heavier than most other models.

The Demarini Voodoo, although we haven't sold many, when I got to swing them I thought it felt and hit pretty good. Tends to be more balanced than some others.

For what it's worth my older son is in his sophomore year of college and he is swinging the Rawlings 5150. He used theTPX Omaha last year and hated it. He started off this year using a Nike until they got the new bats. He tried the Rip It (2012) and liked the Nike better until he got his hands on the Rawlings 5150. Really likes the feel and sound of the bat and it has plenty of pop when you square it up!

[quote name="RIP09" post="1175054" timestamp="1328816276"]
For what it's worth my older son is in his sophomore year of college and he is swinging the Rawlings 5150. He used theTPX Omaha last year and hated it. He started off this year using a Nike until they got the new bats. He tried the Rip It (2012) and liked the Nike better until he got his hands on the Rawlings 5150. Really likes the feel and sound of the bat and it has plenty of pop when you square it up!
[/quote]

For what it's worth, none of these bats listed have been able to hit my son's cutter or two seam.......kidding.  ;)
Players (collegiate) I have talked with or have been told seem to prefer the Rawlings 5150 as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou