Vidor vs. Orangefield Game Thread/OF wins 50-42!

WOSgrad

The Pirates arent a team yet.  It will take some time before they gel together.  They had a good summer league and beat some good teams along the way, but now that things are organized, lack of varsity experience, maturity, and team play are showing up.  It really is what was expected early on.  I dont think that the Pirates planned on being 1-2 right now, but thats how it is.  Looks like Orangefield figured out that they had to put a lot of pressure on Reagan inside to keep him from getting his shot off, so he will have to adjust if teams keep doing that.  He averages about 15 a game and all of it inside and last night he was held down to 6 points or so.  Once the sophomores get better acclimated to varsity, they should take some of that pressure off of him....it just all takes time and hard work.  I know that Coach Sterling has them working on drills daily that will eventually get them to where they need to be.  Stay positive with the coach and the players.  They need us to encourage them.  They know that they are inexperienced and playing poorly bothers them.  It may be tough all year, but they are building a program that will deliver good results.

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1135911" timestamp="1322703789"]
The Pirates arent a team yet.  It will take some time before they gel together.  They had a good summer league and beat some good teams along the way, but now that things are organized, lack of varsity experience, maturity, and team play are showing up.  It really is what was expected early on.  I dont think that the Pirates planned on being 1-2 right now, but thats how it is.  Looks like Orangefield figured out that they had to put a lot of pressure on Reagan inside to keep him from getting his shot off, so he will have to adjust if teams keep doing that.  He averages about 15 a game and all of it inside and last night he was held down to 6 points or so.  Once the sophomores get better acclimated to varsity, they should take some of that pressure off of him....it just all takes time and hard work.  I know that Coach Sterling has them working on drills daily that will eventually get them to where they need to be.  Stay positive with the coach and the players.  They need us to encourage them.  They know that they are inexperienced and playing poorly bothers them.  It may be tough all year, but they are building a program that will deliver good results.
[/quote]

In the third period, I though we were trying to force the ball too much causing turnovers and we were extremely lazy on guarding their 3 point shooting. Something that can be improved. We played well inside....just need to locate that shooting guard and get in his grill.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4