*#3 SILSBEE vs. #12 BMT LEGACY*/SILSBEE WINS 93-60!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1141204" timestamp="1323226213"]
Yea you could be right! I think Silsbee played their best ball in the game vs Kimball and it may take a game or three to get their swag back. They played the 1st half of that game like it was a playoff game.
[/quote]See, my prediction was close. Hard to get up for games like this after you've played the big teams.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1141236" timestamp="1323228107"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=92700.msg1141204#msg1141204 date=1323226213]
Yea you could be right! I think Silsbee played their best ball in the game vs Kimball and it may take a game or three to get their swag back. They played the 1st half of that game like it was a playoff game.
[/quote]See, my prediction was close. [b]Hard to get up for games like this after you've played the big teams.[/b]
[/quote]I agree. Silsbee was sloppy at first but then got it together and looked pretty good.  Legacy has a good team and are well coached.  They could hang with the 2a area schools and some of the 3a.  Their big man #22 could play with most teams in the area.

This game was pretty sloppy for the Tigers the whole way through.  It looked like a lack of focus at the beginning.  Many turnovers with passes that were too cute and lots of easy buckets for Legacy when we didn't get back on defense quick enough. I will give you that this is a much better Legacy team but the Tigers should have beaten them much worse.  Yes everyone played but that has been the case in most games for the Tigers.  Of course the amount of playing time for some depends on the game.  The Tigers would have scored 120 points if we wouldn't have missed a ton of layups.  We will have to make them all thursday because rebounds will be hard to come by.

Score by quarters:

1          2          3            4        tot
Silsbee                16        33          23          21        93
Legacy                13        16          15          16        60

Team stats

Shooting %

Silsbee    34/79    43%
Legacy    22/60    37%

Free Throw %

Silsbee    20/26    77%
Legacy    14/24    58%

3 point %

Silsbee      3/11      27%
Legacy      2/11      18%

Rebounds

Silsbee      39
Legacy      31

Turnovers

Silsbee      22
Legacy      31

Individual scoring

Silsbee

Chris Elam        30
Jordan Holmes    17
Patrick Reed      14 (12 rebounds, 4 block shots)
D'Vaughn Thomas  14
Kelton Gaines        9
Donte Wilson        6
Anquin Williams    3

Legacy

Josh Smith            13
Owen Ayers            13 (7 of 13 FT)
Jimmie Briscoe        10
Jaylen McCloney      6
Micheal Hayes          5
Sam Gallier              4
Jonathon Cregor      4
DJ Hobbs                3
Byron Durgin            2

Silsbee  (7-2)
Legacy  (3-3)

Hard to complain about a 33 point win but this one seemed more like a 10 point loss! Very sloppy play from the Tigers on both ends off the floor. Silsbee missed a total of 18 shots, two feet from the basket. LAYUPS!!!! The defense got burned several times on the snow bird play.

Just not a good overall performance by Silsbee and they will have to play much, much better in just a days time when they square off against HCYA Thursday afternoon.

Again, 33 point win, but it sure didn't seem like it.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1141725" timestamp="1323296467"]
Aggie when u come off back to back games bs 2 of the BEST in Texas it's hard to get back up for a game like this. Wouldn't you agree? I expect a better game Thusday.
[/quote] I guess you have to had been an athlete playing the big dogs to really understand this concept. Its obviously over some people's heads  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    coachcojack
    Newest Member
    coachcojack