Beaumont Central vs. Port Arthur Memorial/ CENTRAL WINS!

WOSgrad

Started the game off in control.  At that point, Coach Williams from Memorial called plays that got #1 for Memorial open for a lot of catch and shoot 'Reggie Miller' type off screen 3's.  he brought them back in the game and Memorial actually built a 10 point lead.  We made adjustments to fight back but the little point guard shot a 3 from 2 feet behind the 3 point line.  With 10 seconds left, Kriston Smith, instead of taking it to the cup, elected to shoot an nba range 3 of his own that went short.  In Overtime, there were several defensive stands.  There wasn't a lot of points scored.  We then went to stall and relied on a 3 from one of out underclassmen bench players (the kid with the Scottie Pippin afro, don't know his name yet.  lol).  He drained the 3 with time running out to escape with this one. 

What this game did show me was that we do have other good 'shooters' on this team.  We have kids that have a really nice midrange game that should be utilized when district rolls around. I've also seen that #24, the 6'6" freshman post player can shoot the 3 ball as well.  I like the way it's comming along.  Can't wait to see them mix it up at the Nederland tournament starting with the rematch with Memorial.  Let's get it, Jags!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    coachcojack
    Newest Member
    coachcojack