*Bmt. CENTRAL vs. Bmt. WEST BROOK Broadcast*/WEST BROOK WINS 42-32!

No excuses, but 2 of our big were out, and one of them is 6'6".  WB's Center killed us on the boards big time.  Not to mention that our 3 point shooting, which was something that they gave us all night, were not falling.  Very unfortunate.  But when this is not happening,  you have to keep driving to the basket.  Although at one point, they wouldn't call a foul for anything, you have to keep driving.  Good win for Brook to keep the momentum going for their good showing at the Nederland tourney.  Central will have to suck it up and pull it together for another road game against another Beaumont neighbor, Ozen, whom we're very familiar with.  We've got to start this district race off right.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1146002" timestamp="1323865041"]
No excuses, but 2 of our big were out, and one of them is 6'6".  WB's Center killed us on the boards big time.  Not to mention that our 3 point shooting, which was something that they gave us all night, were not falling.  Very unfortunate.  But when this is not happening,  you have to keep driving to the basket.  Although at one point, they wouldn't call a foul for anything, you have to keep driving.  Good win for Brook to keep the momentum going for their good showing at the Nederland tourney.  Central will have to suck it up and pull it together for another road game against another Beaumont neighbor, Ozen, whom we're very familiar with.  We've got to start this district race off right.
[/quote]Sorry BmtSoulja1, I suggest you purchase a tape recorder. Because looks like its going to be the same ol' song ;D :D ;D ;D

Maybe  you're right.  We'll see soon enough.  Seeing that we completely dominated Ozen in the first meeting gives me confidence that this team can do it again this Friday.  It will be different, thought.  It will be a packed house in Ozen's gym vs. an almost empty montange (sp) center at 8 in the morning. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1146039" timestamp="1323870676"]
Maybe  you're right.  We'll see soon enough.  Seeing that we completely dominated Ozen in the first meeting gives me confidence that this team can do it again this Friday.  It will be different, thought.  It will be a packed house in Ozen's gym vs. an almost empty montange (sp) center at 8 in the morning.
[/quote]Ah, the thrill of competition. Plenty of smack talking around the corner.  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1146051" timestamp="1323871784"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93000.msg1146039#msg1146039 date=1323870676]
[/quote]Ah, the thrill of competition. Plenty of smack talking around the corner.  ;)
[/quote]Yes, indeed!

Man, after going back and looking at some of the records....WOW, is all I can say. West Brook is sitting at 4-8, with its only wins over 3A and 4A schools? WTH? Why has this program been on a steady decline over the past few years. Is is coaching? Is it the lack of player talent? I remember a time when WB was in the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs, and winning district titles every year! In fact, my senior year at WB, we went 32-4, and lost in the state quarterfinals to Houston Milby! Whats going on over at the Brook?

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1146353" timestamp="1323899105"]
Man, after going back and looking at some of the records....WOW, is all I can say. West Brook is sitting at 4-8, with its only wins over 3A and 4A schools? WTH? Why has this program been on a steady decline over the past few years. Is is coaching? Is it the lack of player talent? I remember a time when WB was in the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs, and winning district titles every year! In fact, my senior year at WB, we went 32-4, and lost in the state quarterfinals to Houston Milby! Whats going on over at the Brook?
[/quote]Nook, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1146356" timestamp="1323899727"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=93000.msg1146353#msg1146353 date=1323899105]
[/quote][b]Nook, Facebook, Twitter, etc.[/b][/quote]

I agree...I think the staff at all 3 high schools have entirely too much time on their hands  ;D

It's that most of the really good players that walk the halls on Pheland Blvd.  don't suit up to play for the current coach.  There is no real push for a change because to be honest, parents or fans could give a flip about WB Basketball as everyone is a fan of football.  Everyone likes the current staff because they are 'good people', but does this mean they are good coaches? 

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1146353" timestamp="1323899105"]
[/quote]

I am betting there is a direct correlation between the Westbrook decline and the Ozen existence.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1146362" timestamp="1323900063"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93000.msg1146356#msg1146356 date=1323899727]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=93000.msg1146353#msg1146353 date=1323899105]
[/quote][b]Nook, Facebook, Twitter, etc.[/b][/quote]

I agree...I think the staff at all 3 high schools have entirely too much time on their hands  ;D
[/quote]I knew I left out  something.........*texting*

[quote name="stevenash" post="1146374" timestamp="1323901352"]
[/quote]

I am betting there is a direct correlation between the Westbrook decline and the Ozen existence.
[/quote] Yep, WB does not have Video Production. WB students catch a bus to attend Ozen's production program  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    coachcojack
    Newest Member
    coachcojack