Gift Card Warning

I know this isn't football, but I put this in the busiest forum because it's important. Be careful where you get those gift crds for Christmas...

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/sales/giftcard.asp

Well, now the crooks have found a way to rob you of your gift card balance. If you buy Gift Cards from a display rack that has various store cards you may become a victim of theft. Crooks are now jotting down the card numbers in the store and then waiting a few days , then calling to see how much of a balance THEY have on the card. Once they find the card is "activated", they go online and start shopping. You may want to purchase your card from a customer service person, where they do not have the Gift Cards viewable to the public.

Please share this with all your family and friends

That's probably a little harder to do -- Almost ALL Gift Cards require you to scratch off, like a lotto ticket, a special PIN number on the back of the cards to get the balance on the cards. Since Credit Card style Gift Cards have come about, I have ALWAYS checked the back of the card to make sure that the PIN # isn't scratched off. It's ashame though, that the world is coming to this. But in terms of what is actually happening by writing down the numbers, yes, that'd be very easy to do since, as snopes specified, most none of the websites require the PIN to purchase products, which I'm sure will become a reality now with this stuff going on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RVLife
    Newest Member
    RVLife