Central at Nederland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss to Central earlier in the season will motivate the Dawgs to come out and play team ball. They seemed a bit intimidated the last time these two teams played. Also, I believe they were disappointed from losing to WB and not advancing in the winner's bracket as they did in the YMBL.

The crowd at the Doggie Dome will play a huge factor in the game. Ned needs to jump on the Jags early and take a strong lead. According to Soulja, Central doesn't make enough in-game adjustments when trailing. On the other hand, if Nederland falls behind, I believe Coach E will make the appropriate adjustments to guide Ned to the W!
Dawgs 54
Jags 51

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1155899" timestamp="1325949527"]
The key here is common oponents.  You guys beat Hightower whereas we lost to them twice, one of those losses were double digits.  Maybe not a cause for concern i guess since it happened earlier in the season.
[/quote]
No doubt, we had a good showing at the YMBL and beat HT. Ned was playing good team ball at that time. I am sure all 3 teams have improved since November. Should be an even matchup if you want to look at common opponents:

Ned beat HT, central lost to HT twice.
Central went 1-1 against WB, Ned lost to WB.
Ned beat PA Memorial twice, Central split with PAM.

Either way you slice it, should be a really good game. I believe Ned has won the last 5 district meetings between these two??

What impressed me the most about Central's win over Nederland in the Nederland tourney was the fact that Central only had 8 players for that game. The Jags were missing 5 players that day (1 starter and 3 key back ups). Central was very thin on the bench that day yet beat Nederland on their home court.

Looking forward to being there Tuesday night to broadcast this rematch.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1155940" timestamp="1325954731"]
What impressed me the most about Central's win over Nederland in the Nederland tourney was the fact that Central only had 8 players for that game. The Jags were missing 5 players that day (1 starter and 3 key back ups). Central was very thin on the bench that day yet beat Nederland on their home court.

Looking forward to being there Tuesday night to broadcast this rematch.
[/quote]Interesting...  I missed that first matchup.  I forgot that we were missing a bunch of players...  This fact may make this matchup morre interesting...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1155899" timestamp="1325949527"]
The key here is common oponents.  You guys beat Hightower whereas we lost to them twice, one of those losses were double digits.  Maybe not a cause for concern i guess since it happened earlier in the season.
[/quote]Plus, Hightower been winning since their football players are through playing now. :D

If Nederland gets hot from 3-land, they win big. If not, then they lose in a close one like they did in their 1st meeting. The two reasons Ned lost the 1st meeting was missed 3s and not blocking out. Central had lots of offensive rebounds which led to easy put backs. Blocking out has improved since then, just need to keep doing it.

We've done pretty good playing good halfcourt defense.  We will be able to close out on Nederland's shooters pretty well.  But when you get hot from three point land, there is not much you can do but hope they go cold.  I do like our chances.  We're pretty athletic and have pretty good size.  Also, we have K. Smith, which will be a matchup problem for Nederland.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1155988" timestamp="1325964451"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93888.msg1155899#msg1155899 date=1325949527]
[/quote]Plus, Hightower been winning since their football players are through playing now. :D
[/quote]
Ya Dove, every team Nederland has beaten this year gets better later in the season for this reason or that reason!  ::) It just kills you to give them credit, doesn't it?  ??? Oh well, I find it amusing!  ;D ;D
Oh ya, Nederland wins this one regardless if Central suits out 5 players or 15. Last I checked, only 5 play at one time.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goslin
    Newest Member
    Goslin