Local Area Basketball Center Needed?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1161451" timestamp="1326816736"]
Well, let's step back here.  By a rough count and even rougher geography, there were 23 games in the, for lack of better phrase, Beaumont area.  Looking at the posts here, there were only complaints about capacity being an issue at 1, yes only 1, of those games.  And if I may be so bold, despite the many great matchups and rivalry games that are yet to be played, it is likely that the only issue regarding capacity will recur when the two teams that played in that lone game play again on January 31st.

I also find it interesting that the Merrill Center was brought up for as most of you know, I live in the Katy ISD.  I am still waiting for when the "profits" of the Merrill Center, which has hosted consecutive Southland Conference tournaments, countless predistrict tournaments, UIL regionals and is even host to a professional (well, sort of) indoor football team, to provide me relief on my Katy ISD property taxes.  I paid those last week and it certainly didn't come this year.
[/quote]

Amen to that Grad,  I just built a house in Katy ISD.  And no, I don't have a child in the district yet.  That will be next year.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1161621" timestamp="1326832947"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=94358.msg1161451#msg1161451 date=1326816736]
Well, let's step back here.  By a rough count and even rougher geography, there were 23 games in the, for lack of better phrase, Beaumont area.  Looking at the posts here, there were only complaints about capacity being an issue at 1, yes only 1, of those games.  And if I may be so bold, despite the many great matchups and rivalry games that are yet to be played, it is likely that the only issue regarding capacity will recur when the two teams that played in that lone game play again on January 31st.

I also find it interesting that the Merrill Center was brought up for as most of you know, I live in the Katy ISD.  I am still waiting for when the "profits" of the Merrill Center, which has hosted consecutive Southland Conference tournaments, countless predistrict tournaments, UIL regionals and is even host to a professional (well, sort of) indoor football team, to provide me relief on my Katy ISD property taxes.  I paid those last week and it certainly didn't come this year.
[/quote]

Amen to that Grad,  I just built a house in Katy ISD.  And no, I don't have a child in the district yet.  That will be next year.
[/quote]Thats what you guys get for moving to Katy. 40 years ago You could have bought a nice piece of land, no neighbors, and one school with one heck of a football team.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1161668" timestamp="1326836958"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=94358.msg1161621#msg1161621 date=1326832947]

[/quote]

[/quote]Thats what you guys get for moving to Katy. 40 years ago You could have bought a nice piece of land, no neighbors, and one school with one heck of a football team.
[/quote]

Good thought.  However under the laws of the State of Texas, I would not have been able to enter into any valid contract for purchase of property.....I was 3 years old then.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1161699" timestamp="1326838575"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94358.msg1161668#msg1161668 date=1326836958]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=94358.msg1161621#msg1161621 date=1326832947]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good thought.  However under the laws of the State of Texas, I would not have been able to enter into any valid contract for purchase of property.....I was 3 years old then.
[/quote]You should take that up with your parents. Better planning ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham