Is Region 2 & 3 the most difficult in all classes

BADSANTA

[quote name="stevenash" post="1166739" timestamp="1327677022"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94929.msg1166653#msg1166653 date=1327671233]
On another note.....Nederland hasn't WON anything!!! 8)....Calm down....
[/quote]

Guess that depends on your interpretation of "won anything".  Last I checked, there is a certain 27 game streak that is causing many detractors a considerable amount of consternation as evidenced by their efforts to discredit what Nederland has done.  Of course, if Cotton Robinson was still coaching at Buna, there is NO WAY Nederland could have done this well. >:(
[/quote]
That IS funny, but the truth of the matter remains.....They HAVEN'T won anything, yet...Not that they won't, but celebrating district wins? I don't know, maybe I take winning district for granted, but it was NEVER really a big deal to me, because it was ROUTINE!! (I am really pouring it on now!! ;D ;D)....Relax guys, its all in good humor.... 8)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166742" timestamp="1327677479"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94929.msg1166739#msg1166739 date=1327677022]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94929.msg1166653#msg1166653 date=1327671233]
[/quote]

Guess that depends on your interpretation of "won anything".  Last I checked, there is a certain 27 game streak that is causing many detractors a considerable amount of consternation as evidenced by their efforts to discredit what Nederland has done.  Of course, if Cotton Robinson was still coaching at Buna, there is NO WAY Nederland could have done this well. >:(
[/quote]
That IS funny, but the truth of the matter remains.....They HAVEN'T won anything, yet...Not that they won't, but celebrating district wins? I don't know, maybe I take winning district for granted, but it was NEVER really a big deal to me, because it was ROUTINE!! (I am really pouring it on now!! ;D ;D)....Relax guys, its all in good humor.... 8)
[/quote]

I can certainly understand your perspective on this.  Based upon your comments, can we reasonably conclude that if Ozen or Central beats Nederland you will have ABSOLUTELY NO comment because it will be highly insignificant?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1166751" timestamp="1327678330"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94929.msg1166742#msg1166742 date=1327677479]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94929.msg1166739#msg1166739 date=1327677022]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I can certainly understand your perspective on this.  Based upon your comments, can we reasonably conclude that if Ozen or Central beats Nederland you will have ABSOLUTELY NO comment because it will be highly insignificant?
[/quote]
Oh, well some "back to realities", or some "I told you so" or "things are somewhat back to normal" or something like that, but, yeah you 're right, not much else other than that...Its SUPPOSED to be that way! ;D ;D

Sure, its "supposed" to be that way.  Can you tell me why it's "supposed" to be that way?  Better yet, can you tell me why if it is "supposed" to be that way that it certainly is not?  The new reality is that the "old reality" simply doesn't exist.  Can you visualize Elgin Baylor saying " wow, I wish I could be 28 years old and get on the court with LeBron James- I would show him a thing or two ?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1166762" timestamp="1327679383"]
Sure, its "supposed" to be that way.  Can you tell me why it's "supposed" to be that way?  Better yet, can you tell me why if it is "supposed" to be that way that it certainly is not?  The new reality is that the "old reality" simply doesn't exist.  Can you visualize Elgin Baylor saying " wow, I wish I could be 28 years old and get on the court with LeBron James- I would show him a thing or two ?
[/quote]
OK...The truth of the matter is this...Ozen and Central should be beating Nederland like a drum...They SHOULD be based on the rosters alone...However, being that Nederland has THE best basketball coach in 20-4A right now, Its hasn't happened...Stop trying to pretend like it's a "thing of the past"...Ozen and Central are more talented than Nederland RIGHT NOW, but you and I both know that talent can only take you so far....How would you think that this Nederland squad would match up against say.....Houston Yates right now? I KNOW WHO I WOULD PICK..... ::) ::)

That is your perception of talent.  That does NOT mean it is the gospel.  Additionally, there are more components to success than what the individual abilities of the players are as the Mavericks so aptly proved last June.  As for Yates, you may be over stating Yates (again based on their "recruited" success from a couple of years ago)  I watched (this year) Yates play Wheatley and their victory was less than convincing (particularly because they trailed most of the game) and I believe the records will show that Beaumont Central beat Wheatley also this year.  Therefore, your personal perception that Yates is some overwhelming force is not validated through the comparative performances.  Also, I am VERY sure that if you had been asked to compare the "talent" of Magic and Larry many years ago, you would have given a definite answer very quickly and it simply would  not have been verifiable.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166691" timestamp="1327673875"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=94929.msg1166687#msg1166687 date=1327673536]
The thing is, we haven't won anything yet except district and have a good win streak going. But even that is tearing some people a new one, and like I said, I love it.
[/quote]
On a serious note, I think some just look at it as odd, because its new and totally unexpected by many...What if LUMBERTON started winning district 20-4A the way that its set now, and won 27 or more district games in a row? YOU BADDOG would be shocked too!!  ;)...You're a Nederland fan, so its not quite as shocking, however, its a proud feeling, as you very well should be....I am happy for Coach E, but I would be lying if I said it didnt seem strange to me...NEDERLAND? BASKETBALL? WINNING? Those three words never went together in the past....Times change, and teams do too, apparently! 8)
[/quote]

If Lumberton began winning basketball games like that, of course I would be surprised, who wouldn't? I would be as surprised as when Ozen was the #1 team in the country. But guess what, I did not nit-pick their glory years to death.....always predicting their defeat and throwing stones. That is all some of you are trying to do, but it's OK. The simple fact that you can't digest it is justice for me.

Central beat Wheatley with 3 kids OUT at the Gamble tourney in OT..no surprise there....CENTRAL HAS TALENT....I was in attendance...and as far as your allegations of Yates recruiting goes, thats between them and the UIL, and so far the UIL has not even questioned Yates' kids, so why are you? I will wait until playoff time and bet you a bald haircut that Yates OR Wheatley would put a "DUB" (20) on the 20-4A champion, WHOEVER that may be... ::) ::).  8)

Yes, Central has talent but so do many teams.  You just cant(or wont) acknowledge Nederlands success without a bunch of asterisks attached.  I have a  friend who coaches in the same district as Yates is in so I am a little better qualified to understand the "situations" than you believe/perceive.  As for alleging anything, my point was you are still assigning Yates the same qualities as they had a couple of years ago and it simply AINT true.  I watched them play Wheatley and there was nothing particularly overwhelming about either of them but you believe since they are from Houston, there is NO question that they are superior.  It wasnt that long ago that poor little rural HJ played Wheatley in a playoff preview game and you can be assured that their victory was anything but overwhelming in spite of the predictions of a 30 to 40 point blowout.  And dont tell me it was because Jackie Carr was not coaching them.  While we are on that topic, if you truly believe all this big city stuff, why hasnt Dallas Madison won about 7 state 3-a titles?

Nash I am talking about THIS season....Nederland is a good ball club..they are well coached and are having a great season...Its not about the "big city" stuff as you put it..My honest opinion? I feel HJ and Silsbee will be just fine going against them in the coming years..Has NOTHING to do with where they are...I am talking here and now...Greg Wise (Yates head coach) is a friend of our family and has been for years and is a Madison alum...HE CAN COACH TOO...So with the talent they have NOW, and him on the sideline, no matter how "unimpressed" with them when you saw them play, I will be willing to bet you that they would beat Nederland by NO LESS than 20 in a playoff situation. On the flip side of that, I KNOW that Wheatley is up and down, but they're style of play, dictates that...so you may see them one night and THINK they are not very good, and then face them and get your socks blown off. IMO...I will say again..IMO...Nederland cannot beat either of these teams.

Guest speechless
Hang on now....so today Central and Ozen have more talent than Nederland.

Yesterday, Ozen had no talent but, were straight up "coached" to the state tournament on a regular basis.

Which is it?

[quote name="speechless" post="1166818" timestamp="1327683895"]

Yesterday, Ozen had no talent but, were straight up "coached" to the state tournament on a regular basis.

Which is it?
[/quote]
If you were not always trying to plug holes, you may learn something....Its not earth shattering for a team to have more talent than Nederland...The team in 2007 that WON REGION 3 AND PLAYED FOR THE STATE TITLE, was on the same level TALENT WISE as this team in 2012 at Ozen...So yes...Ozen was well coached in the past and ALWAYS HAD MORE TALENT than Nederland.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1166816" timestamp="1327683719"]
"Nederland cannot beat Yates or Wheatley".

DV, you state that like it is something very profound.
[/quote]

Even though I think Nederland will go 2 maybe 3 rounds deep in the playoffs.  I have to agree with DV

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166809" timestamp="1327683459"]
Nash I am talking about THIS season....Nederland is a good ball club..they are well coached and are having a great season...Its not about the "big city" stuff as you put it..My honest opinion? I feel HJ and Silsbee will be just fine going against them in the coming years..Has NOTHING to do with where they are...I am talking here and now...Greg Wise (Yates head coach) is a friend of our family and has been for years and is a Madison alum...HE CAN COACH TOO...So with the talent they have NOW, and him on the sideline, no matter how "unimpressed" with them when you saw them play, I will be willing to bet you that they would beat Nederland by NO LESS than 20 in a playoff situation. On the flip side of that, I KNOW that Wheatley is up and down, but they're style of play, dictates that...so you may see them one night and THINK they are not very good, and then face them and get your socks blown off. IMO...I will say again..IMO...Nederland cannot beat either of these teams.
[/quote]

Ok Dickie- You got me and I am here to take the bait.  I am ready to bet you that if they play this season in the playoffs, Wheately will not beat Nederland by more than 20 points.  You name the bet and I will name who is going to hold the money until either the game has been played or it is not possible for one to be played.

Guest speechless
Which was the point I was making yesterday.....you scoffed at it....it does not diminish Boutte as a coach but, he always had more talent than English has had at Nederland.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166822" timestamp="1327684252"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=94929.msg1166818#msg1166818 date=1327683895]

Which is it?
[/quote]
If you were not always trying to plug holes, you may learn something....Its not earth shattering for a team to have more talent than Nederland...The team in 2007 that WON REGION 3 AND PLAYED FOR THE STATE TITLE, was on the same level TALENT WISE as this team in 2012 at Ozen...So yes...Ozen was well coached in the past and ALWAYS HAD MORE TALENT than Nederland.
[/quote]

You can be very soundly assured that you have nothing to teach the individual to whom  you addressed that comment.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1166846" timestamp="1327685595"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94929.msg1166822#msg1166822 date=1327684252]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=94929.msg1166818#msg1166818 date=1327683895]

Which is it?
[/quote]
[/quote]

You can be very soundly assured that you have nothing to teach the individual to whom  you addressed that comment.
[/quote]
Thats where you're dead wrong..the GREATEST of coaches and individuals SEEK out opportunity to learn something new, daily.

No doubt about that.  With all due respect sir, I am suggesting that the "wisdom" that you offered is already possessed by said individual.

However, if Coach K (with whom said individual spent several days in the recent past) offers some advice, I am confident he would take every advantage of it.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1166822" timestamp="1327684252"]

Which is it?
[/quote]
If you were not always trying to plug holes, you may learn something....Its not earth shattering for a team to have more talent than Nederland...[b]The team in 2007 that WON REGION 3 AND PLAYED [/b] [b]FOR THE STATE TITLE, was on the same level TALENT WISE as this team in 2012 at Ozen...[/b]So yes...Ozen was well coached in the past and ALWAYS HAD MORE TALENT than Nederland.
[/quote]

One more item.  The emboldened statement you made is not quantifiable or verifiable in any way.  It's just one opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats