Mayweather & Cotto to fight May 5th/Mayweather wins!!

Guest basketball25
mayweather wanted 60-40 split in revenue and pacman wanted 50-50 and mayweather said no that won't happen, Cotto vs mayweather is the 2nd best fight for mayweather even though this fight should have been about 3 yrs ago. Will be a huge pview draw. Looks like pacman will be facing tim bradley who is a very good fighter and he is undefeated!!!!

Decent fights but those aren't the fights that the fans want.  I predict the will fight eventually, but it will be in 5 years when they are on the downhill and no one will care.  Boxing needs to get more unified.  When the started having 6 different belts in every class they started to lose me.

Guest basketball25
Both fights will still make over million pview buys, bradley is pound 4 pound ranked top 8 in all the rankings and cotto is 13 so these are pretty good fights and I mean I want to see mayweather vs pacman but hey I don't mind seeing these 2 fights

• 3 months later...
Mayweather is finally going to fight someone tonight.  He is guaranteed the largest payday ever, which I guess is all he is worried about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/minimum-floyd-mayweather-fighting-miguel-cotto-32-million-215220710.html

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1219086" timestamp="1336277810"]
Pretty even fight after 8.  Mayweather is bleeding pretty good from the face.  [b]I knew I should have bought this  [/b]
[/quote]

Not when it cost over $60 to order it. I saw some decent ufc fights tonight, and not only were they free  they were over by 10:30.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1219092" timestamp="1336278655"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=95281.msg1219086#msg1219086 date=1336277810]
Pretty even fight after 8.  Mayweather is bleeding pretty good from the face.  [b]I knew I should have bought this  [/b]
[/quote]

Not when it cost over $60 to order it. I saw some decent ufc fights tonight, and not only were they free  they were over by 10:30.
[/quote]

I would guess more people bought this boxing match tonight than any UFC event ever.  People pay to watch good boxing.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1219092" timestamp="1336278655"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=95281.msg1219086#msg1219086 date=1336277810]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree. There were some really decent free fights.

• 3 weeks later...
Great article in The Sporting News recently on Mayweather.  The guy has done a great job of promoting his own fights and has changed the way business is done in the boxing world.  That said, the "circus" that surrounds his day to day life is more entertaining than anything else that could be staged by a team of comic geniouses!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou