Port Neches-Groves vs. Beaumont Ozen Game Thread/Ozen wins 40-31

WOSgrad

Good win for Ozen, bit I would like to add something to this.  I'm VERY upset at the Ozen coaching staff.  It was senior night.  There were seniors that didn't get a chance to play that havnt played all year. I think ALL seniors should at least start on senior night or get signifficant playing time. No disrespect to PN-G, but Ozen has enough talent across the board to have beaten them with any startig linup.  Horrible move, Ozen!

I was in attendence at the game at Ozen to watch my son play for PN-G. At the begining of the game the National Anthem was played and I was appalled to see the Ozen players lined up at mid-court standing with their hands by their sides as well as three out of the four coaches with their hands by their sides during the National Anthem. It is a shame that Ozen High School and BISD Administration is promoting this display of disrespect for our Nation and our Flag. The entire PN-G team and coaches were lined up at their bench with their hands over their hearts and respecting the National Anthem and the Flag. It is totally beyond me how an organization can allow children to disrespect the Flag and our Nation. Maybe this will open the eyes of the school and the district to correct this situation.

[quote name="Baller" post="1173729" timestamp="1328653384"]
I was in attendence at the game at Ozen to watch my son play for PN-G. At the begining of the game the National Anthem was played and I was appalled to see the Ozen players lined up at mid-court standing with their hands by their sides as well as three out of the four coaches with their hands by their sides during the National Anthem. It is a shame that Ozen High School and BISD Administration is promoting this display of disrespect for our Nation and our Flag. The entire PN-G team and coaches were lined up at their bench with their hands over their hearts and respecting the National Anthem and the Flag. It is totally beyond me how an organization can allow children to disrespect the Flag and our Nation. Maybe this will open the eyes of the school and the district to correct this situation.
[/quote]

While I personally agree with you assessment, I fear that your call for the district to swing into action will go unheeded.  Not because the district agrees with such action, but because such compulsions as you hope to occur would undoubtedly be met with litigation.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172110" timestamp="1328372709"]
Good win for Ozen, bit I would like to add something to this.  I'm VERY upset at the Ozen coaching staff.  It was senior night.  There were [b]seniors that didn't get a chance to play that havnt played all year.[/b] I think ALL seniors should at least start on senior night or get signifficant playing time. No disrespect to PN-G, but Ozen has enough talent across the board to have beaten them with any startig linup.  Horrible move, Ozen!
[/quote]
That is unbelievable! Most schools that I know start 5 Seniors on Sr. Night (if they have 5), and allow EVERY Senior to play, if they have more than 5. Different in every situation, but either way, coaches get them on the court for that game.

Also, are you saying that some players on the team have not played all season long?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1173732" timestamp="1328653983"]
Are you absolutely positive that it is a requirement to salute the flag when indoors, even in uniform?
[/quote]
I always place my hand over my heart, but many people don't. I think more people place their hand over their heart for the Pledge of Allegiance. I realize that is something we all did in school growing up, but I would guess that about 50% of people do it for the National Anthem?
I'll start a Poll.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1173737" timestamp="1328654320"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95449.msg1173732#msg1173732 date=1328653983]
Are you absolutely positive that it is a requirement to salute the flag when indoors, even in uniform?
[/quote]
I always place my hand over my heart, but many people don't. I think more people place their hand over their heart for the Pledge of Allegiance. I realize that is something we all did in school growing up, but I would guess that about 50% of people do it for the National Anthem?
I'll start a Poll.
[/quote] I could be wrong but I don't think it is required to salute in uniform if you are indoors. You stand at attention. Maybe civilians have the same protocol.

I never insinuated that it is required but it is a show of respect for the Flag and the Anthem. I have never seen a sporting event or any other event when the National Anthem was played that the participants and spectators did not place their hands over their hearts or Service Member and Police Officers salute. I do know that it is disrepectful for non Service Members or Uniformed Police Officers to salute during the National Anthem. I guess maybe I was brought up to show repect for the National Anthem and Flag. (might be part of the problem with our nation today)

[quote name="Baller" post="1173744" timestamp="1328654782"]
I never insinuated that it is required but it is a show of respect for the Flag and the Anthem. I have never seen a sporting event or any other event when the National Anthem was played that the participants and spectators did not place their hands over their hearts or Service Member and Police Officers salute. I do know that it is disrepectful for non Service Members or Uniformed Police Officers to salute during the National Anthem. I guess maybe I was brought up to show repect for the National Anthem and Flag. (might be part of the problem with our nation today)
[/quote]We didn't make the regulations. They stood at attention. Thats being respectful too. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1173739" timestamp="1328654512"]
All of Ozen players have played this season at one time or another. Personally, I think Ozen has gotten better because they actually have less players now than in the beginning and it gives the players the opportunity to stay in a rhythm with more playing time and continuity.
[/quote]
I agree. I think most coaches do the same. They usually use a bigger rotation earlier in the year to see who can help the team later in the year. Then they stream-line it when District play begins, and more so in the playoffs. That continuity is key to success.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1174120" timestamp="1328677788"]
There  a player that havnt played nothing but a couple of minutes this season that is a senior.  You could have put him in om SENIOR night.
[/quote]

I completely agree and I told the "coach" that that night but it just goes to show you where our coaching stands. This season has really disturbed on so many levels and not necessarily the season record either.

[quote name="Baller" post="1173965" timestamp="1328669967"]
I don't know what game you were watching but the coaches were talking during the National Anthem and the players were not at attention. But enough about that nothing will come of any further discussion on this subject.
[/quote]And obviously you weren't watching nor saluting the flag during this time because your eyes were on the Ozen team, instead of the flag ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1174181" timestamp="1328708114"]
[quote author=Baller link=topic=95449.msg1173965#msg1173965 date=1328669967]
I don't know what game you were watching but the coaches were talking during the National Anthem and the players were not at attention. But enough about that nothing will come of any further discussion on this subject.
[/quote]And obviously you weren't watching nor saluting the flag during this time because your eyes were on the Ozen team, instead of the flag ;)
[/quote]
Ridiculous... ::)....some people literally LOOK for something to complain about...Take your butt kicking and find the nearest exit! >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goslin
    Newest Member
    Goslin