Question for Dickie V

WOSgrad

They were basing it on their actual attendance numbers...They have a School of Communications magnet program housed on their campus, and apparently they did not count the kids in that magnet program that live OUTSIDE of the zone when the numbers were turned in, is my understanding...They failed to count about 300 kids which would put them over the 4A mark..Wheatley ACTUALLY has LESS kids than Yates, but somehow stayed in 4A without having to appeal... ::)...From what I understand, they WILL be staying 4A after the appeal process is complete.  Those communities are very prideful and felt dropping to 3A was a slap in the face. Crazy, IMO... 8).

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176657" timestamp="1329084843"]
They were basing it on their actual attendance numbers...They have a School of Communications magnet program housed on their campus, and apparently they did not count the kids in that magnet program that live OUTSIDE of the zone when the numbers were turned in, is my understanding...They failed to count about 300 kids which would put them over the 4A mark..Wheatley ACTUALLY has LESS kids than Yates, but somehow stayed in 4A without having to appeal... ::)...From what I understand, they WILL be staying 4A after the appeal process is complete.  [b]Those communities are very prideful and felt dropping to 3A was a slap in the face.[/b] Crazy, IMO... 8).
[/quote]
That sounds a little stuck up and snobbish to me.  ::)

Are you from this town Dickie?  :o  ;D

[quote name="vp32" post="1176664" timestamp="1329085993"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95866.msg1176657#msg1176657 date=1329084843]
They were basing it on their actual attendance numbers...They have a School of Communications magnet program housed on their campus, and apparently they did not count the kids in that magnet program that live OUTSIDE of the zone when the numbers were turned in, is my understanding...They failed to count about 300 kids which would put them over the 4A mark..Wheatley ACTUALLY has LESS kids than Yates, but somehow stayed in 4A without having to appeal... ::)...From what I understand, they WILL be staying 4A after the appeal process is complete.  [b]Those communities are very prideful and felt dropping to 3A was a slap in the face.[/b] Crazy, IMO... 8).
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but, I am not from that side of town.... ;)..We were a bit MORE snobbish than they are!  8)

[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=95866.msg1176659#msg1176659 date=1329085055]
I think that they heard about silsbee and HJ and got nervous.... Lol..
[/quote]

Yeah, I think they heard about that HJ home court advantage, even on the road!!  ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176674" timestamp="1329086715"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95866.msg1176664#msg1176664 date=1329085993]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95866.msg1176657#msg1176657 date=1329084843]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but, I am not from that side of town.... ;)..We were a bit MORE snobbish than they are!  8)[/quote]
Thank you. That explains it all.

If that is the case, then HISD has indeed put their foot down...They wanted it to happen, the Yates HS community did not...I was only repeating what was told to me from a friend in the HISD athletic dept..I have no horse in this race, so it makes me no difference either way. I will call back today and get an update.

On the phone as we speak....HISD has INDEED put their foot down in this matter..Apparently they will NOT appeal it, because they feel that Yates' actual attendance numbers are 3A, therefore, they will drop just as the other schools have..something was said about not giving them "preferential treatment"....WOW..Usually when Yates or Wheatley folks make a fuss, its somehow always heard...This is a RARE occurance in HISD history!! Looks like they will be competing in 3A after all. :o

[quote name="sleepy" post="1177189" timestamp="1329163996"]
I guess my confusion lies in the fact that you are basically saying wheatley and yates counted their students in two different ways?  One of the sure is right and one of them surely is wrong.  Really confused on this!
[/quote]
It's very confusing, but I can tell you that Yates has more students than Wheatley, yet Wheatley will remain in 4A...Yates has a magnet school population, the school of communications, and honestly I dj not sure HOW or IF they counted that population of kids...I was told how it went down, but who knows....As of now, Yates is going to be 3A next year...as of now...next week? Who knows!  ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1177208" timestamp="1329165424"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=95866.msg1177189#msg1177189 date=1329163996]
I guess my confusion lies in the fact that you are basically saying wheatley and yates counted their students in two different ways?  One of the sure is right and one of them surely is wrong.  Really confused on this!
[/quote]
It's very confusing, but I can tell you that Yates has more students than Wheatley, yet Wheatley will remain in 4A...Yates has a magnet school population, the school of communications, and honestly I dj not sure HOW or IF they counted that population of kids...I was told how it went down, but who knows....As of now, Yates is going to be 3A next year...as of now...next week? Who knows!  ;D
[/quote]
I thought today was the deadline on filing an appeal.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1177208" timestamp="1329165424"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=95866.msg1177189#msg1177189 date=1329163996]
[/quote]
[/quote]

This just isn't right if this is the case.  Sorry!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1177172" timestamp="1329163360"]
On the phone as we speak....HISD has INDEED put their foot down in this matter..Apparently they will NOT appeal it, because they feel that Yates' actual attendance numbers are 3A, therefore, they will drop just as the other schools have..something was said about not giving them "preferential treatment"....WOW..Usually when Yates or Wheatley folks make a fuss, its somehow always heard...This is a RARE occurance in HISD history!! Looks like they will be competing in 3A after all. :o
[/quote] Wheatley [s]may[/s] probably will have to forfeit about 5 district games

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1177233" timestamp="1329166621"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95866.msg1177172#msg1177172 date=1329163360]
[/quote] Wheatley [s]may[/s] probably will have to forfeit about 5 district games
[/quote]
Yep, they will go in as the 4th seed as opposed to the 1st and guess who the 1st round opponent will be? You guessed it! YATES! Whoa! Best round 1 game of the playoffs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62