Vidor Bashing on Houston Sports 610

bh89-2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1192617" timestamp="1330980469"]
An update regarding the complaint sent to CBS regarding the topic of discussion. 

Dear Smoking Baby (edited for your SETX enjoyment),

Your recent email to the CBS Non-Management Directors was shared with me, and I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts about the radio station and for the opportunity to consider your concerns.  Please be assured we take all listener comments seriously and appreciate the insight we receive from our audience. 

In the course of our regular meetings with KILT on-air talent we have discussed their editorial choices with respect to the topics they choose to discuss on-air.

I very much appreciate that you are a loyal listener to SportsRadio 610, thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, and hope that you will continue to enjoy listening to SportsRadio 610.

Sincerely,
Sarah Frazier 

Sarah Frazier Senior Vice President/Market Manager CBS Radio
[email][email protected][/email]     
713-881-5270
[/quote]

Maybe I'm just too young and naive, but I don't see any real answer here.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1192628" timestamp="1330980965"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=96211.msg1192617#msg1192617 date=1330980469]
An update regarding the complaint sent to CBS regarding the topic of discussion. 

Dear Smoking Baby (edited for your SETX enjoyment),

Your recent email to the CBS Non-Management Directors was shared with me, and I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts about the radio station and for the opportunity to consider your concerns.  Please be assured we take all listener comments seriously and appreciate the insight we receive from our audience. 

In the course of our regular meetings with KILT on-air talent we have discussed their editorial choices with respect to the topics they choose to discuss on-air.

I very much appreciate that you are a loyal listener to SportsRadio 610, thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, and hope that you will continue to enjoy listening to SportsRadio 610.

Sincerely,
Sarah Frazier 

Sarah Frazier Senior Vice President/Market Manager CBS Radio
[email][email protected][/email]     
713-881-5270
[/quote]

Maybe I'm just too young and naive, but I don't see any real answer here.
[/quote]

No, kid.  You don't see any real answer there because there is no real answer is there.

Guys, its a b.s. automated response to any and all concerns with their programming. I guarantee you that the complaint from baby wasn't even read. It came in as a concern and her email auto replies that garbage. Honestly, the only way to really make a stink about this is for another media outlet to do a story about them. If I was the mayor of Vidor, I would ask the Orange Leader and the Beaumont Enterprise to address it. Better yet, the Examiner. They tell it how it is.

[quote name="kicker" post="1192779" timestamp="1330996116"]
Guys, its a b.s. automated response to any and all concerns with their programming. I guarantee you that the complaint from baby wasn't even read. It came in as a concern and her email auto replies that garbage. Honestly, the only way to really make a stink about this is for another media outlet to do a story about them. If I was the mayor of Vidor, I would ask the Orange Leader and the Beaumont Enterprise to address it. Better yet, the Examiner. They tell it how it is.
[/quote]

I agree the letter is written in a vague manner, which is what every attorney says to do in these situations.  Fact is I never wrote this woman, so either she was told to respond or someone wrote a response for her.  I wrote a letter to the "non-managing directors" (which is fancy term for ethics committee) who has way more stroke to communicate up the chain.  The fact that Spittle's boss wrote the letter at least bears some weight that they are aware fo the issue. 

I doubt it will matter much anyway, Josh has 1 foot out the door and continues to shoot himself in the foot week after week.  He evidently blew-up on air last friday and almost went to blows with a co-worker.  Won't be long, he's a fool.   

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1192829" timestamp="1330999171"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=96211.msg1192779#msg1192779 date=1330996116]
[/quote]

I agree the letter is written in a vague manner, which is what every attorney says to do in these situations.  Fact is I never wrote this woman, so either she was told to respond or someone wrote a response for her.  I wrote a letter to the "non-managing directors" (which is fancy term for ethics committee) who has way more stroke to communicate up the chain.  The fact that Spittle's boss wrote the letter at least bears some weight that they are aware fo the issue. 

I doubt it will matter much anyway, Josh has 1 foot out the door and continues to shoot himself in the foot week after week.  He evidently blew-up on air last friday and almost went to blows with a co-worker.  Won't be long, he's a fool. 
[/quote]

You give 'em enough rope....

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1192829" timestamp="1330999171"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=96211.msg1192779#msg1192779 date=1330996116]
[/quote]

[/quote]

By co-worker, you don't mean Rich Lord do you?

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1193248" timestamp="1331055504"]
I didn't hear the exchange, so I am assuming so.  It was the talk of the airwaves for a few days.  Seems Josh really "crossed the line", as one Sport 610 personality put it.
[/quote]

I have listened to that station almost exclusively for the last two or three years. I CAN"T STAND THAT IDIOT JOSH!! He doesn't even know sports very well. You can tell he's learning as he goes. What an unprofessional goofball. I prefer the morning crew.

I heard about the "near fisticuffs" on air but like you, I didn't ever hear any audio of the incident. I have heard over the last few weeks, the two of them getting pretty "testy" with each other so I figured it was coming. I wish Rich would just go ahead and punch out the fat loser.

Josh is there to do exactly that....stir the pot.  He's pretty much a moron but somehow he pisses me off and makes me laugh at the same time.  I doubt he's going anywhere....the ratings have gone up on every show he's been on and like it or not that's what they're judged on. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo