UH Sweeps Delaware

Guest UHCoog14

Guest UHCoog14
With the Houston Cougars aiming for a sweep on opening weekend, a pair of true freshman came up big on Sunday.

Pitcher Aaron Garza notched his first career victory and outfielder Price Jacobs capped off a productive weekend with his first career home run and three RBIs to lead the Cougars to a 9-2 victory over Delaware at Cougar Field.

The Cougars (3-0) swept the Blue Hens (0-3), outscoring them 32-7 in the three-game set.

Garza, a 6-4 righthander from Galveston Ball High School, allowed just one unearned run on five hits and struck out three in six innings of work.

"I felt good," Garza said. "It took me awhile to settle in but once I got that first strike —they always say that's the hardest one to get — but once I got that, I felt OK."

Jacobs, a 6' outfielder from Goose Creek Memorial, went 2-for-3 with a third-inning two-run homer that gave the Cougars a commanding 5-1 lead. In addition to his performance in Saturday's doubleheader, Jacobs went 5-for-11 with five runs scored and seven RBIs to pace the Cougars in the series.

[email protected] twitter.com/skhanjr

R

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham