Are 'REAL' HS hoops played on the lower classifications (1a or 2a)?

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198875" timestamp="1332094029"]
Trying to get under my skin again. It is not working..... :P. You can't even tell me what is comical about my comments. I am so hurt that you don't like me. LMBO
[/quote]

I don't even know who you are so how could I possibly "like" or "dislike" you?

I don't agree with some of your comments but that has nothing with "liking" or "disliking" you.

Obviously this gets to you because you continue to state you have to defend yourself.

BTW, am I one of those "guys" that knows nothing about basketball that this "wise" man spoke to you about?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH aggies we are you are so full of crap. I think you like controversy... If I am not mistaken it was you that ranked the top 25 players in SETX. You ranked my nephew ahead of a certain player, then argued on the board that he was NOT better. Such hypocrisy... Let me guess what you are going to say next. "If you do it again I am deleting you from the board".. OH i am so scared.. ;D. I guess you will just delete my comment. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I proved my point I am no longer responding ... Continue to trash me GENTLEMEN( and I use this term loosely) if you would like to.

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198878" timestamp="1332094891"]
OH aggies we are you are so full of crap. I think you like controversy... If I am not mistaken it was you that ranked the top 25 players in SETX. You ranked my nephew ahead of a certain player, then argued on the board that he was NOT better. Such hypocrisy... Let me guess what you are going to say next. "If you do it again I am deleting you from the board".. OH i am so scared.. ;D. I guess you will just delete my comment. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I proved my point I am no longer responding ... Continue to trash me GENTLEMEN( and I use this term loosely) if you would like to.
[/quote]

Show me where I argued that Zjori was not better than Johnson.

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198883" timestamp="1332095693"]
You did it and you know you did, but that's cool.. You mentioned that you don't know me which is true so why do you make assumptions about my character? Isn't that a bit idiotic?
[/quote]

I challenge you to show me where I made any post stating Johnson was better than Zjori. The fact is, you cannot. I have not made any statement of such.

What assumptions have I made about your character?

I said that I did not understand how a certain player could be chosen to the All-region team when another player had to deal with team playing special defenses to stop him and another player and I also said I wondered how it could happen since unnamed player was ranked ahead of another player in the SETX top 25 rankings. You told me my assessment was bogus, but yet you felt the same way I did or you wouldn' t have ranked him higher. HIPOCRACY!!!! You also mentioned that the player was better then my nephew on that particular board. Go back and read it.

Bosha is a good player but I think Johnson played better this year. I think Cbosha wants best for her fam but the truth is no one from Hardin Jefferson will be a McDonalds All American anytime soon. Neither Silsbee, Ozen, Kountze etc.....! Good players but not GREAT!

Here are my posts in the All Region thread:

"Other locals who made the TABC All region teams:

4A  Preston Armstrong  Sr.  LCM

3A  Daniel Fitzwater      Jr.    Liberty
    Dezavious Houston  Sr.  Huntington
    Montavious Houston  Sr.  Huntington

1A DI  Austin Kollet      Jr.  Broaddus
          Richel Thomas  Soph. West Sabine

1A DII  James Pittman    Jr.    Leggett"

"Interesting last statement. Please explain."

"I take it that your post is sarcastic so therefore I ask this question:

Why the bitterness towards Johnson? Just because he was named all region and Bosha wasn't?

Just do not understand why you have issue with Johnson."

"Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't HJ go 39-2 and reach the regional tourney for the 6th straight year?

But you seem to think Johnson was a detriment to the team?

Not buying that. ::)"

"Yes indeed you have a right to your opinion but your opinion isn't necessarily right. ;) ::)"

"It simply amazes me that Coach Sutherland would continuously start Johnson each and every game and have him be an integral part of the offense with high minutes of play every game because according to you Johnson is not worthy. ::)

I think Coach Sutherland and his staff are enough of basketball knowledge that I need to explain Johnson and his playing abilities."

"Then why would Coach Sutherland continue to play Johnson if he was such a detriment to the team like you are suggesting?"

"But yet Coach Sutherland would insert Johnson right back into the games. ::)

It is not okay to continually shoot ill advised shots.

But, Johnson continually started and played high minutes for a Coach Sutherland led team that went 39-2 and made their 6th straight regional tourney.

It is obvious that you are making a great mountain out of a mole hill here. ;)"

"I think it is safe to say that no one on this site has viewed your thoughts as being Zjori's. ;) ::)"

Now, show me where I stated that Johnson was better than Zjori. Never stated it nor did I ever state that I didn't think Zjori deserved to make All Region.

I only disagreed with the way you made your comments on here and running down Johnson. Never disagreed with your opinion of Zjori.

According to aggies we are, Zjori was better.I guess he changed his mind.
AggiesAreWe
Donating Admin
Senior

Go Tigers!!! Gig'em Aggies!!

Re: Local TABC All-Staters & All - Region
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: cbosha on March 16, 2012, 12:42:46 PM
I call them like I see them. Don't read my post if you don't like it... I have a right to my opinion....

Yes indeed you have a right to your opinion but your opinion isn't necessarily right. 

YOU SAID THAT MY OPINION THAT ZJORI WAS BETTER WAS NOT RIGHT YET YOU RANKED ZJORI HIGHER. GO FIGURE

I guess I could say that Bad santa is trashing my nephew because he said Devante is better... I know that he is not trashing him, but just giving his opinion. Which seems to be okay with texas Am but when I said the opposite i was villified. SMH

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198892" timestamp="1332098694"]
According to aggies we are, Zjori was better.I guess he changed his mind.
AggiesAreWe
Donating Admin
Senior

Go Tigers!!! Gig'em Aggies!!

Re: Local TABC All-Staters & All - Region
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: cbosha on March 16, 2012, 12:42:46 PM
I call them like I see them. Don't read my post if you don't like it... I have a right to my opinion....

Yes indeed you have a right to your opinion but your opinion isn't [b]necessarily[/b] right. 

YOU SAID THAT MY OPINION THAT ZJORI WAS BETTER WAS NOT RIGHT YET YOU RANKED ZJORI HIGHER. GO FIGURE
[/quote]

My comment was about any opinion you might have. I agree, you have a right to your opinion but it doesn't make it right.

I never disagreed with your opinion about Zjori. I disagreed with your opinion about Johnson and that according to you he was such a detriment to the team.

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198894" timestamp="1332099259"]
I guess I could say that Bad santa is trashing my nephew because he said Devante is better... I know that he is not trashing him, but just giving his opinion. Which seems to be okay with texas Am but when I said the opposite i was villified. SMH
[/quote]

SANTA only stated that he thinks Johnson is better. He hasn't made any claims that Zjori was a detriment to the team and claiming an injustice.

That is the difference in his and your opinions.

First to comment on the TOPIC AT HAND....Basketball is basketball, to say one classification is "better" than the other or more "real" is just not smart...The higher classifications may be more exciting in some people's eyes, but it doesn't make it better, or "real"....gimme a [email protected] wise man (my dad) told me long ago not to make your high school accolades and old newspaper clippings the highlight of your life..hope you take heed to that wise advice...As I said before, you are making a big deal out of your nephew not being named to the all region team, and you really should not. Be happy he is a part of such a storied program, and keep up more with his GPA and not his PPG average...He will thank you for that later if you did...I agree with you that there are some on this site that do not know SQUAT about basketball, however, there are some of us that really do...Everyone, including yourself, is entitled to their opinion on here...Correct or not, thats just what it is.

Have you guys read anything I have writtten. I only mentioned my high school accomplishments as well as my teammates  to prove a point. That real basketball is played on the lower levels, and to show that we have the accolades to prove it.  The fact that my nephew didn't make the all region is a non issue for me right now. i am over it. I only bought it up to show texas a&m his hypocrisy...

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198907" timestamp="1332101603"]
Have you guys read anything I have writtten. I only mentioned my high school accomplishments as well as my teammates  to prove a point. That real basketball is played on the lower levels, and to show that we have the accolades to prove it.  The fact that my nephew didn't make the all region is a non issue for me right now. i am over it. I only bought it up to show texas a&m his hypocrisy...
[/quote]
And what point is that? I can name 10-15, 5A girls players that have done what you have and then some...What does that mean? There was no point to prove...

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198909" timestamp="1332101963"]
The point is that "real" basketball can is being played on the lower levels. You just proved that by saying that me and my teammates accomplished some of the same things as our 5a couterparts....
[/quote]
Basketball on the 1A level is the same basketball played on the 5A level...More talent to pull from at the higher levels, but I assure you that there are SOME 1A teams that can beat or play with certain 5A teams...Yes it happens....Just like when YOU played, there were some 5A girls that would have eaten your teams' lunch...It happens like that too..Basketball is basketball, no matter what the "A" is.

We won state my freshman year with 3 sophmores and 2 freshman starting.. We finished with 2 state titles and we had one runner up finish. Pretty darn good I think. We beat Westbrook and other 5A schools by blowing them out . We NEVER got blown out ever. I think you need to ask somebody who was around in the 80's. Good basketball is played on EVERY level...

Not the teams that you played maybe, but I am CERTAIN, there were some West Texas teams, and some Houston area teams that would have done just that...HJ didn't play EVERYBODY.... Example: Brownwood girls team team that featured Sheryl Swoopes in the late 80's, would drop ANY classifications girls teams..HJ included...Remember them? Point is, basketball is played at every level....good and bad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goslin
    Newest Member
    Goslin