The Masters

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there to watch the Monday practice round and there were alot of people there. If you ever get a chance to go, do not pass it up. Last year was my first time and I saw the Thursday round. Course is way more than you can imagine. The azaleas have already bloomed this year but I did get to see them last year. We were walking up to #16 as the guy skipped it across the water for a hole in one. That is something to see.

[quote name="td" post="1206437" timestamp="1333576198"]
I was there to watch the Monday practice round and there were alot of people there. If you ever get a chance to go, do not pass it up. Last year was my first time and I saw the Thursday round. Course is way more than you can imagine. The azaleas have already bloomed this year but I did get to see them last year. We were walking up to #16 as the guy skipped it across the water for a hole in one. That is something to see.
[/quote]

I have been 4 times. First two years saw Thursday-Friday rounds. Other two years was there for practice rounds.

[quote name="aries456" post="1206536" timestamp="1333587835"]
How much are tickets?
[/quote]

Tickets are only $50 a day for practice rounds. Actually the same for tournament rounds but the badge is for all 4 days. The travel and the stay is what gets you. It's worth every penny. The course is what I wanted to see. You can see the golfers at the Shell Houston Open. Don't get me wrong they are fun to watch but the Masters experience is what I enjoyed the most. I think it's in May you can put your name in a lottery for practice rounds and even tournament rounds some years. Other than that you have to buy tickets from someone. Can't walk up and buy tickets. Good luck!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1206467" timestamp="1333580073"]
[quote author=td link=topic=98418.msg1206437#msg1206437 date=1333576198]
[/quote]

I have been 4 times. First two years saw Thursday-Friday rounds. Other two years was there for practice rounds.
[/quote]

The grass is just the most amazing thing to see. It's like turf. No weeds and no dead spots. That's what impressed me the most. What about you?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="td" post="1206658" timestamp="1333626961"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=98418.msg1206467#msg1206467 date=1333580073]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The grass is just the most amazing thing to see. It's like turf. No weeds and no dead spots. That's what impressed me the most. What about you?
[/quote]
You Guys are making me ill with ENVY!  :'(

[quote name="td" post="1206658" timestamp="1333626961"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=98418.msg1206467#msg1206467 date=1333580073]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thing that surprised me the most was all the elevation changes. The course is much more "hillier" than what the television can show.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou