20-4a DISTRICT PREDICTIONS!

[quote name="Trocket" post="1218366" timestamp="1336151707"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=99073.msg1218336#msg1218336 date=1336148410]
[quote author=PlayActionPass link=topic=99073.msg1218235#msg1218235 date=1336140984]
Nederland and Vidor are at the top, no doubt about that.

The next two spots are up for grabs. Ozen, Central, PNG and Livingston should fight it out for the final two spots.

All four of these teams have question marks going into next season. Injuries and schedule (home/road) will also play a major role in who finishes in the money.

Lumberton and LCM are both still a year away from contending.

Nederland
Vidor
Central
Livingston
Ozen
PNG
LCM
Lumberton
[/quote]At Livingston we lost 20 Seniors, but the strong preseason schedule will help our young player grow up in a hurry. We are still not putting a lot of pressure on them to make the playoffs this year, but anything can happen. If our linemen develop who knows what can happen. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]That's what I've been told too, I have 2 grandsons who will be juniors this year playing varsity and that's what they said, if their linemen develop they will be ok.
[/quote]Yep, with Collins leading these young players we should go at least 5-5 I believe.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Holman" post="1218556" timestamp="1336177991"]
The toughest defense the Nederland offense will see all year is the one they practice against.

Nederland's main concern will be complacency due to overconfidence.
[/quote]I don't think the teams in 20-4A will allow them to get too overconfident.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1218751" timestamp="1336197315"]
[quote author=Holman link=topic=99073.msg1218556#msg1218556 date=1336177991]
The toughest defense the Nederland offense will see all year is the one they practice against.

[/quote]I don't think the teams in 20-4A will allow them to get too overconfident.
[/quote]

These kids are the hardest working group I have seen in a while and if everything and everyone stays healthy, It will be amazing what they can achieve.  Underclassman are strong and push the Veteran Varsity players to a whole nother level.  It will be interesting.

Also, note the Seniors on down are all the beneficiaries of Junior League Football in Nederland(STJFL) started by Troy Jones a few years ago.  To me, the league he built has turned a profit for the Dogs.  When it started, everybody and their dog signed up to play. 

These kids have been taught, pushed and played long enough to be instinctively great on the football field.

Thanks Troy Jones....the Dogs appreciate your vision!!!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1218785" timestamp="1336224871"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=99073.msg1218751#msg1218751 date=1336197315]

[/quote]

These kids are the hardest working group I have seen in a while and if everything and everyone stays healthy, It will be amazing what they can achieve.  Underclassman are strong and push the Veteran Varsity players to a whole nother level.  It will be interesting.

Also, note the Seniors on down are all the beneficiaries of Junior League Football in Nederland(STJFL) started by Troy Jones a few years ago.  To me, the league he built has turned a profit for the Dogs.  When it started, everybody and their dog signed up to play. 

These kids have been taught, pushed and played long enough to be instinctively great on the football field.

[/quote]I'm not taking anything away from your team, I believe they will be good, just as I believe that Vidor will also. But as I said they are playing in 20-4A and no one will just lie down and give them the title or allow them to just show up and they win. As I stated 20-4A will not allow anyone to be overconfident. Good luck to your team. 

[quote name="Trocket" post="1219088" timestamp="1336278298"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=99073.msg1218785#msg1218785 date=1336224871]

[/quote]

[/quote]I'm not taking anything away from your team, I believe they will be good, just as I believe that Vidor will also. But as I said they are playing in 20-4A and no one will just lie down and give them the title or allow them to just show up and they win. As I stated 20-4A will not allow anyone to be overconfident. Good luck to your team.
[/quote]
That is a very good point. We can sit here and talk all this trash and name all these people that we have coming back and underclassmen moving up and all that but we all should know that anything can happen on a Friday night. Injuries happen and people who weren't supposed to be good can change some minds. That's just a fact when it comes to Texas High School Football.  8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1219113" timestamp="1336310715"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=99073.msg1219088#msg1219088 date=1336278298]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=99073.msg1218785#msg1218785 date=1336224871]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That is a very good point. We can sit here and talk all this trash and name all these people that we have coming back and underclassmen moving up and all that but we all should know that anything can happen on a Friday night. Injuries happen and people who weren't supposed to be good can change some minds. That's just a fact when it comes to Texas High School Football.  8)
[/quote]I know you're right, and everyone who has been around or apart of sports, know it only take one injury to the right player on any team and it can change your whole season. And there's always that team that ends up surprising everyone. And in a district that has so much talent, it does'nt leave much room for error. 8)

[quote name="Trocket" post="1219228" timestamp="1336343273"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=99073.msg1219113#msg1219113 date=1336310715]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]I know you're right, and everyone who has been around or apart of sports, know it only take one injury to the right player on any team and it can change your whole season. And there's always that team that ends up surprising everyone. And in a district that has so much talent, it does'nt leave much room for error. 8)
[/quote]

If you notice, I do say everytime if all stay healthy.  What is meant to be, will be. 

Dogs are set to have a tremendous season, and OF COURSE, 20 4A is tough. 

Dogs are very optimistic and have a HUGE target on their backs, as well they should. 

They are the team to beat and I WILL say this AGAIN, I WOULDN"T WANT TO SEE THIS DEFENSE coming after me!!!!  It is keeping every offensive coordinator in 20 4A awake at night ;D

GO DOGS!!!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1219230" timestamp="1336343863"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=99073.msg1219228#msg1219228 date=1336343273]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=99073.msg1219113#msg1219113 date=1336310715]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

If you notice, I do say everytime if all stay healthy.  What is meant to be, will be. 

Dogs are set to have a tremendous season, and OF COURSE, 20 4A is tough. 

Dogs are very optimistic and have a HUGE target on their backs, as well they should. 

They are the team to beat and I WILL say this AGAIN, I WOULDN"T WANT TO SEE THIS DEFENSE coming after me!!!!  It is keeping every offensive coordinator in 20 4A awake at night ;D

GO DOGS!!!
[/quote]
The same could be said about Montana Quirante and Stevenson, Novak, and Moore next year.

I haven't got a chance to see the tribe play (practice ) yet. I know all my fellow png followers sip that purple koolaid lol. I know we have a very energetic coach, great on offense, but with 5 returners on defense it worries me a little! I think our receivers will be taller and sure handed from what I saw from last year. Chipman will be a beast. At runningback the kid coming back is quick and a slasher! But being behind Bertrand just wasn't much he could do. I'm sure the arvie brothers will make some noise in the future if they can get more than one carry a half. I'm not gonna make any calls till I see the purple and white game. Should be a good indicator! If I had to go on a limb think
1. Ned defense will win for them!
2. Vidor played great last year see no reason for them to fall backwards
3. PNG coaching will make or break them- this squad was mediocre as youngsters, will see how mature and developed that they have become.
4. Central or Livingston. No comment here don't really know much about em except that they have good QB s.
Theses picks are not in any paticular order from 2-4.
Kills me to say Ned in the one spot but their defensive pressence will be tough!
Either way I'm ready for some 20-4A football. Would like to welcome the WOS stangs back to the Reservation. They come away with 7 straight wins against the indians, would put a big smile on my face if we finnally beat them with a new head coach! Sorry burnett followers, think faircloth will pull the rabbit out of the hat. Got my fingers crossed anyway!

I had a chance to see our Lions on Monday and I believe we could make some noise. We have the size on the line, but we are young, I would have felt a lot better if we had not lost Coach Fortune this year because he knew how to take young players and cause the to grow up and perform. I still believe Coach Rowe will make sure he has someone to do a good job with these young linemen, I'll just have to wait to see how they progress, but if they do, we have more than enough skill position players to make some noise!! 

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1215542" timestamp="1335573041"]
PN-G is always scary. They sometimes start out slow but then bam.....
Central needs help. Mitchell is not a one man team.
Ozen could be a little gun shy as far as agressiveness after last years finale.
Livingston has Collins but that appears to be it(i look for them next year)
Lumberton, well..........
LC-M could make some noise but the pieces have to fall perfect(doubtful)
Ned is still celebrating last year and putting up billboards this year(will still make the playoffs)
Vidor will put all doubts aside this year

Vidor
Ned
PN-G
Central
[/quote]

I don't see any billboards going up in Ned.  I'm sure they are focused on next season, and they have been there before.  Defense will be as nasty as last year.

Ned
PNG
Vidor
Ozen

1. Nederland (solid defense in place and a mature offense=repeat district champs)
2. Vidor (lots of returning starters and I really like what Matthews has done with the kids even though I personally don't care for him. I am putting them at second against my better judgement. One year does not equal consistency, but this program is heading in the right direction. Would like to see a more balanced offense however.
3. Central (great athletes with questionable coaching however. If Central wins early in district, watch out. If they are handed a couple of losses, it could get ugly quick.)
4. PNG (I don't buy the premise of them not being any good. Sounds like a classic case of wanting to be underestimated. PNG is always a threat and will be in the playoffs.)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="bigdog" post="1220255" timestamp="1336612495"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=99073.msg1215542#msg1215542 date=1335573041]
PN-G is always scary. They sometimes start out slow but then bam.....
Central needs help. Mitchell is not a one man team.
Ozen could be a little gun shy as far as agressiveness after last years finale.
Livingston has Collins but that appears to be it(i look for them next year)
Lumberton, well..........
LC-M could make some noise but the pieces have to fall perfect(doubtful)
Ned is still celebrating last year and putting up billboards this year(will still make the playoffs)
Vidor will put all doubts aside this year

Vidor
Ned
PN-G
Central
[/quote]

I don't see any billboards going up in Ned.  I'm sure they are focused on next season, and they have been there before.  Defense will be as nasty as last year.

Ned
PNG
Vidor
Ozen
[/quote]
quote from thedogs1987 on pg 5
[b]
"We actually have this sign all over Nederland  regarding our fb team for next year      - 
Everybody is excited and counting down the days to first game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  [/b]

that's where the billboard comment came from.

I have a couple of bold prediction for this season
1) Vidor will beat Nederland
2) PNG will be better than everyone thinks (except maybe the Indian fans)
Also who is the little back up QB at PNG that can throw the ball so well????

I believe that district will come down to Nederland and PNG with Vidor in the mix for the playoffs. The final spot could be between the Beaumont schools with me leaning between Central.

The only unforseen for me is Livingston who lost so much last year.

I guess Me and my Jaguars have to go out there and prove ourselves this year. We will prove all those Nay-Sayers wrong. And as far as Central and Mitchell Being a one man show..... We will show all of you otherwise.

Sincerly,

The Central Jaguar Football TEAM!

[quote name="WR84" post="1224008" timestamp="1337392597"]
I guess Me and my Jaguars have to go out there and prove ourselves this year. We will prove all those Nay-Sayers wrong. And as far as Central and Mitchell Being a one man show..... We will show all of you otherwise.

Sincerly,

The Central Jaguar Football TEAM!
[/quote]
Looking forward to it.  8)

WR84 i have much respect for your jags and I believe they will be in the playoffs and yes you will have to prove youself but thats anytime you have a nonwinning record the season before. Best of luck!!! Asfor PNG after watching a couple of practices for my Indians I believe they are being underestimated and haveno problem with that. They are looking very good defensively. The biggest surprise for me is our QB smith who is looking very solid running the offense. The back up QB is also very accurate with his passes and is only a freshman right now and will be a sophmore next season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats