Teacher-Coach facing accusations

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1220357" timestamp="1336659795"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=99863.msg1220326#msg1220326 date=1336655792]
Ridiculous....It is my understanding that he had this same issue at LCM...Can anyone confirm this?
[/quote]

Yep.
[/quote]
How bout the other 2 schools, Ned and orangefield? Did it happen there also? If so how was it not know?

They COVERED IT UP! I must say that this is a CRIME in itself....I know of a certain coach that walked away from Anahuac HS a few years back, and the Supt. REPORTED that he broke his contract with the district to SBEC.....Subsequently his certificate was revoked and he had to go through the appeal process to get it back....WHY WAS THIS GUY WHOSE CRIME WAS 20 TIMES WORSE, NOT TO MENTION ILLEGAL, GET A PASS TWICE IN TWO DIFFERENT DISTRICTS? Million dollar question... >:(

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1220411" timestamp="1336666981"]
They COVERED IT UP! I must say that this is a CRIME in itself....I know of a certain coach that walked away from Anahuac HS a few years back, and the Supt. REPORTED that he broke his contract with the district to SBEC.....Subsequently his certificate was revoked and he had to go through the appeal process to get it back....WHY WAS THIS GUY WHOSE CRIME WAS 20 TIMES WORSE, NOT TO MENTION ILLEGAL, GET A PASS TWICE IN TWO DIFFERENT DISTRICTS? Million dollar question... >:(
[/quote]
Since I know your history to really spring high on some issues, help me get this straight.  YOU KNOW FOR CERTAIN that the same issues are what caused his tenure to end at Nederland and also at Orangefield?

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1220413" timestamp="1336667359"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=99863.msg1220411#msg1220411 date=1336666981]
[/quote]
Since I know your history to really spring high on some issues, help me get this straight.  YOU KNOW FOR CERTAIN that the same issues are what caused his tenure to end at Nederland and also at Orangefield?
[/quote]
I know this for a FACT...Just verified it...Shame. >:(

DV, if he is guilty, let's punish him. I am not saying this is what happened here but let's try this.

You say you were a coach, and coaches/teachers are sometimes idolized by students.....sometimes to the point of having a crush or even wanting to go further. If you were ever approached by a female student and she was enamored with you, you reject her advances, she feels spurned and says she will fix you and says you tried to molest her, it makes the news and you are put on administrative leave, what would this do to you and your career?

I know a man that this happened to.

Point #1: Where there is smoke there is fire...If you carry yourself in a certain manner, NO ONE will bw able to say those type of things about you.

Point #2: This is NOT the first incident with this particular person....NEDERLAND and LCM's District's BOTH COVERED UP for this guy..They won't let them back in obver there, but they won't tell why either...WRONG.

Point #3: He was CAUGHT red handed....I know this to be fact...Note: my brother is the Memorial principal.

The districts that covered this up for him need to be dealt with as well...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1220592" timestamp="1336686413"]
Point #1: Where there is smoke there is fire...If you carry yourself in a certain manner, NO ONE will bw able to say those type of things about you.

Point #2: This is NOT the first incident with this particular person....NEDERLAND and LCM's District's BOTH COVERED UP for this guy..They won't let them back in obver there, but they won't tell why either...WRONG.

Point #3: He was CAUGHT red handed....I know this to be fact...Note: my brother is the Memorial principal.

The districts that covered this up for him need to be dealt with as well...
[/quote]
In the other districts' defense, there could have been unproven issues. In that case they could have been limited to what info they can provide. It may not have been cover ups.

The proof is in the ACTION...It happened, they covered it up, and he ended up in PAISD...Let me reveal something to you...whenever a certain demographic ends up at a PAISD school...9 times out of 10 it is due to the fact that they are not allowed to work at certain other types of schools, are not worth a nickel, or have been given an ultimatum to stay away from their kids, because if they could work in another SE Texas district they WOULD....FACT.

No...I said A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC of people that apply for teaching jobs (non administrative) in Port Arthur ISD, would be somewhere else if they COULD...THAT'S what I said.  That pedophile was allowed by TWO OTHER LOCAL DISTRICTS to keep his certification, despite being accused of doing the same thing that he was caught doing in PAISD to kids....that is wrong on so many levels.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1220844" timestamp="1336760189"]
No...I said A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC of people that apply for teaching jobs (non administrative) in Port Arthur ISD, would be somewhere else if they COULD...THAT'S what I said.  That pedophile was allowed by TWO OTHER LOCAL DISTRICTS to keep his certification, despite being accused of doing the dame thing that he was caught doing in PAISD to kids....that is wrong on so many levels.
[/quote]

Actually DV, he is not accused of being a pedophile and in fact the student that made the claim in this case is an adult. McFarlin is not accused of sexual assault on a child.

In fact when he started teaching, it was not even a crime to do what he did. Unethical but not illegal. The state later decided that a 19 year old student could not have sex with a 21 year old janitor that works at the same high school on morality grounds. I am sure that there are many thoughts on that being both favorable and unfavorable but that is the law.

That does not make a person a pedophile however.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1220844" timestamp="1336760189"]
No...I said [s]A CERTAIN DEMOGRAPHIC of [/s]    [b][size=18pt]WHITE[/size]    people that apply for teaching jobs (non administrative) in Port Arthur ISD, would be somewhere else if they COULD...THAT'S what I said.  That pedophile was allowed by TWO OTHER [s]LOCAL[/s] [b][size=18pt]WHITE[/size][/b]  DISTRICTS to keep his certification, despite being accused of doing the same thing that he was caught doing in PAISD to kids....that is wrong on so many levels.
[/quote]

I HATE beating around the bush.......just say what you mean!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1220852" timestamp="1336760957"]
Man, please....that KID was 16....please stop trying to defend this clown.
[/quote]

The news said that the student was 17 or in other words, an adult. This from the Beaumont Enterprise......

[b]Maj. Raymond Clark with Port Arthur Police Department Criminal Investigations Unit said Thursday that police are investigating what has been reported as an improper relationship involving McFarlin and a 17-year-old female student.[/b]

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/education/article/Port-Arthur-teacher-accused-of-inappropriate-3548712.php#ixzz1uacp58YY

Do you have any other evidence to show the student was 16 or younger or do you just make this stuff up?

And I have defended no one. I merely stated the law and the law has not been in place for very long.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1220875" timestamp="1336762896"]
She is 17 NOW...11th grader....TURNED 17 in 2012....you're a biased man, tvc184, but you're not stupid.
[/quote]

The article does not say "NOW".

I am only going by what I read in the media. How is that being biased?

If she was 16 or younger, why not Sexual Assault of a Child instead of Improper Conduct?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham