5. Corsicana Mildred
6. East Bernard
7. Garrison
8. Rogers
9. Hughes Springs
10. Clarksville

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1231899" timestamp="1340248893"]
I may be wrong, but no way do I see Newton at #2. I think the Eagles should be improved over last year and go maybe 3 rounds in playoffs, but not #2. I sure hope I'm wrong though!
[/quote]

What are you talking about they only lost two key players from last years team. This from what im hearing from the coachs should be one of Newtons best teams they have had in a long time.  They have every skill player returning from last season. 4 Jr runningbacks and 1 sophmore rb all recievers back plus the qb. Defense only lost Holmes and Spikes. Much improved on defense up front and on the backend. OL will be really young may start 4 sophmores on the OL but if they work out like they think they will Newton can roll along pretty well.

What about Tim Simmons? There are a few more also. The team last year lacked tackling skills and strength. Maybe offseason can help with strength, but tackling skills comes from want to and practice and I did not see that last year. Saw lots of standing in the middle of the field with hands on hips watching down field. Can't play at a high level like that. For years Newton as a team had over the top want to. That's what pulled them through a lot of wins over other teams with more skill. Remember the games with Ozen for example? This was something missing the last few years. I think WT is the man to put it back up where it needs to be, but it will take more time and experience on the field. No way legit #2. And what do you expect the coaches to say? Be realistic in assessing the team or ask those folks from EC. They can tell you about Newton. JMHO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo