Setxsports Previews thread location

Should setxsports move the football previews thread to a easier location for members to navigate to ?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should setxsports move the football previews thread to a easier location for members to navigate to ?

• No
    • No

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1234343" timestamp="1341693461"]
There appears to be alot of hard work put into creating these previews .
They are done very well but Navigation to these previews stink.
Just saying ! Thanks to all that were involved in creating the previews.
[/quote]

All you have to do is go to the main forum page, and the previews forum is right below the football forum. It's not that difficult.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1234346" timestamp="1341694191"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=100861.msg1234343#msg1234343 date=1341693461]
Just saying ! Thanks to all that were involved in
creating the previews.
[/quote]

All you have to do is go to the main forum page, and
the previews forum is right below the football forum. It's not that difficult.
[/quote]

I liked the format of the previous years ! It was always placed permanently at the top of the High School Forum Page . After all it is HIGH SCHOOL Football previews + Why change  the format after all
these years ? If it's not broken then don't fix it !

**** To me : INDEX is usually reserved for old news . This is hot off the press !

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1234346" timestamp="1341694191"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=100861.msg1234343#msg1234343 date=1341693461]
Just saying ! Thanks to all that were involved in creating the previews.
[/quote]

All you have to do is go to the main forum page, and the previews forum is right below the football forum. It's not that difficult.
[/quote]

I keep the football forum URL saved and personally don't care about any other sport . If I go to the forum about hs football then I obviously want to read up on hs football.

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1234348" timestamp="1341694831"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100861.msg1234346#msg1234346 date=1341694191]
Just saying ! Thanks to all that were involved in
creating the previews.
[/quote]

All you have to do is go to the main forum page, and
the previews forum is right below the football forum. It's not that difficult.
[/quote]

I liked the format of the previous years ! It was always placed permanently at the top of the High School Forum Page . After all it is HIGH SCHOOL Football previews + Why change  the format after all
these years ? If it's not broken then don't fix it !

**** To me : INDEX is usually reserved for old news . This is hot off the press !
[/quote]

They didn't change the format. The previews forum has always been directly under the football forum. It is done like this so members can post on each team's preview thread.

Just click the home button in the top left hand corner. That will take you to the main forum page. The preview forum will be directly under the football forum.

I didn't realize that I would cause so much dismay in placing the previews in their own forum.  I didn't think so as this is the practice that I have maintained since I started doing the previews in 2009 and in looking at the archives, it has been the practice since 2007 for the SETXsports Football Previews.

Why has it been done that way?  Because this is to make sure that anyone who wants to see them can without the worry of them being buried by other threads in the football forum.

For those that don't wish to navigate to the forum, I have placed the links to the threads in this forum and plan to update that on a daily basis.

Please believe me, I am not seeking to play hide and go seek with these previews.  I wouldn't bug the coaches to get the info if I were going to do that.

The football previews have had it's own forum since the start of SETXsports. The previews are in the best place for this site.

It seems only a couple of members are having problems with finding the previews. I suggest you broaden your interest and enhance your navigation skills. ;)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1234355" timestamp="1341696766"]
I didn't realize that I would cause so much dismay in placing the previews in their own forum.  I didn't think so as this is the practice that I have maintained since I started doing the previews in 2009 and in looking at the archives, it has been the practice since 2007 for the SETXsports Football Previews.

Why has it been done that way?  Because this is to make sure that anyone who wants to see them can without the worry of them being buried by other threads in the football forum.

For those that don't wish to navigate to the forum, I have placed the links to the threads in this forum and plan to update that on a daily basis.

Please believe me when I am not seeking to play hide and go seek with these previews.  I wouldn't bug the coaches to get the info if I were going to do that.
[/quote]
I had no problems getting to the previews, I like them where they are.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1234358" timestamp="1341697615"]
The football previews have had it's own forum since the start of SETXsports. The previews are in the best place for this site.

It seems only a couple of members are having problems with finding the previews. [b]I suggest you broaden your interest and enhance your navigation skills.[/b] ;)
[/quote]
I agree. They are fine where they are at.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1234352" timestamp="1341695517"]
I won't  read them then . It's ok ! And yes they did change the location ! I don't go to the main forum page

New members ,  new mods , and promises of "CHANGE"
[/quote]

Suit yourself!  Your not reading them will surely put a
kink in this whole site. ::)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1234400" timestamp="1341717425"]
Seems like the perfect place would be right above SETX State Championship History. [b]No telling who all has missed the previews, most of us book mark the football forum as a short cut.[/b]  ;) Raidernation is correct. Makes sense, why leave the page we do everything on.
[/quote]

You would be surprised how wrong you are in making that statement. Most on this site do not bookmark just the football forum.

I only count two narrow minded, lazy members here. ;) ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1234414" timestamp="1341749132"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100861.msg1234400#msg1234400 date=1341717425]
Seems like the perfect place would be right above SETX State Championship History. [b]No telling who all has missed the previews, most of us book mark the football forum as a short cut.[/b]  ;) Raidernation is correct. Makes sense, why leave the page we do everything on.
[/quote]

You would be surprised how wrong you are in making that statement. Most on this site do not bookmark just the football forum.

[/quote]Might want to check that poll above, there Lassie.  ::) ;) Looks like atleast 13. All my buddies are on here for football Lassie, not Tennis and Golf like you. lol.  ;D

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1234438" timestamp="1341758870"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100861.msg1234414#msg1234414 date=1341749132]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100861.msg1234400#msg1234400 date=1341717425]
[/quote]

[/quote]Might want to check that poll above, there Lassie.  ::) ;) Looks like atleast 13. All my buddies are on here for football Lassie, not Tennis and Golf like you. lol.  ;D
[/quote]

That's funny, but I see 27 votes for "No". ;)

Okay, it looks like I am going to have to use the clear blunt language again.

Every year that SETXsports has posted the SETXsports High School Football Previews, it has used a section apart from the High School Football section.  Those that have claimed that this is a new format for the previews know absolutely nothing of which they speak. This marks the 5th consecutive year that SETXsports has done previews in this manner and there has been nary a complaint about it's location until this year.

If you are one of the apparently scant few who are seemingly unable or unwilling to master the simple steps of clicking "SETXsports Forum" at the top of the page to get you to the main index and then click on the Previews section, I have still tried to accomadate you!  First, I have a thread in this section that has all of the schools previewed to date and the links that will send you directly to the preview thread you desire.  Heck!  You don't even have to be logged in to SETXsports as links have also been posted on the SETXsports Facebook Account and have been tweeted from the SETXsports Twitter Account!  And apparently it has been effective because as of the time I started typing this post, 5453 people had managed to effectively use one of more of the methods above to view one of the previews posted to date!

In short, I could give a rats rear end of what threads or polls are put up complaining about the location of the SETXsports High School Football Previews.  They have always been in a separate section and as long as I am doing them, unless I am instructed otherwise by the owner of this message board, they will remain in a separate section.  For those who can't manage to find their way to them with ALL of the avenues I have provided, then God help you!

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1234438" timestamp="1341758870"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100861.msg1234414#msg1234414 date=1341749132]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, and another thing.  The man you wish to refer to as "Lassie" has forgotten more football than you will ever know...a review of your post histories will make that obvious.  My buddies come on here for football as well, but they also have the mental ability to navigate a message board.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1234443" timestamp="1341761211"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100861.msg1234438#msg1234438 date=1341758870]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, and another thing.  The man you wish to refer to as "Lassie" has forgotten more football than you will ever know...a review of your post histories will make that obvious.  My buddies come on here for football as well, but they also have the mental ability to navigate a message board.
[/quote]I doubt that. Seems like you would want to make the site the best it can be. As a leader on this site, please refrain from always jumping on people, when a personal friends of yours is involved. May need to add some more rules that apply to leaders on this forum. Keep it the same, I was just giving my opinion and Lassie got rude. Go back and read it. But sense you know him, he is the football god. Good day Counselor.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1234443" timestamp="1341761211"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100861.msg1234438#msg1234438 date=1341758870]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]So basically you have insulted my mental capasity and my football knowledge, based on my history of threads. lol. Very professional. All this over giving an opinion on something. lol. Way to taint the poll also.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1234448" timestamp="1341763061"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100861.msg1234443#msg1234443 date=1341761211]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I doubt that. Seems like you would want to make the site the best it can be. As a leader on this site, please refrain from always jumping on people, when a personal friends of yours is involved. May need to add some more rules that apply to leaders on this forum. Keep it the same, I was just giving my opinion and Lassie got rude. Go back and read it. But sense you know him, he is the football god. Good day Counselor.
[/quote]

If anyone has benefited from the current state of the rules, it is you!  Your resort of words like "'tard" and "Lassie" and the denegration of anyone who has had the audacity to oppose your views have been what has caused my blood to boil.  Those that you have gone after don't need my help I can assure you.

You don't me to jump on you, then mind your words a little more carefully.  Because, you, OF ALL PEOPLE, don't want me to revert to old school moderation!

Good day, kind sir! 

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1234448" timestamp="1341763061"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100861.msg1234443#msg1234443 date=1341761211]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Someone is not going to last long here.  LOL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham