Central QB Mitchell has strong arm

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goslin
    Newest Member
    Goslin

• I'm not sure who you are Separation Scientist, but you and I are on the same page entirely.  BH has not played tough, physical football for 4 full quarters in years (before the Gage hiring).  I feel it has 99% to do with how we work in the offseason.  I know we lift weights and spend a great deal of time lifting those weights and doing footwork drills, etc., ......but are we hurting and learning to fight through the pain and get to that next level and continue on?  I firmly believe in quality over quantity.  Do the coaches work the kids until exhaustion and then continue pushing them?  I know the answer.... they do not!  We practice in an indoor air conditioned taj mahal even when the weather is great.  It is much different than what the BH offseason program was in the nineties and early 2000s....and the programs of Katy and PNG of today.  We worked through multiple agility, plyo, mat drills, bleachers, hill training, weight training circuits until we were puking and after we finished non-stop motion for 50 minutes all groups would meet on the track to run a quarter for time.  If you didn't make the time you had to run it again.  We did this every day and would routinely test strength and speed (included a mile run for time...which hasn't happened at BH in years...yes, big boys can run a mile) ....and 90% of all athletes would improve in both strength and speed throughout the offseason.  This all took place in 4th period of the school day, and it got results.  We didn't have any big, sloppy dudes because they couldn't make it through the offseason (they lost weight and became hosses.... or quit) and our numbers were streamlined to only include those that really wanted to be there and put in the work.  One thing that didn't happen is we didn't have kids lay out injured on the field.  I do not remember many, if any, ever getting hurt or missing a game.  I contribute that to how we worked in the offseason.  Until we get the program back to this way of thinking and working, we will continue to be mediocre.  We have twice the athletes and numbers today than we did then so it would be fun to see the results.  It can be done.  Not sure it will be done.
    • 1. Atascocita   2. Lufkin   3. PA Memorial   4. Angleton   5. La Porte    6. Huntsville   7. Lake Creek   8. Huffman Hargrave   9. LCM   10. Bridge City   11. Lumberton   12. HF   13. West Orange-Stark   14. East Chambers   15. Orangefield    16. Teague   17. Fairfield   18. Palestine Westwood   19. Woodville   20. Trinity   21. Garrison    22. Joaquin    23. Shelbyville   24. Deweyville   25. Sabine Pass 
    • Week 8- Locks Friday @ 7 pm 1. Atascocita @ Kingwood 2. Baytown Sterling @ Lufkin 3. PA Memorial @ West Brook 4. Kingwood Park @ Angleton 5. La Porte @ Porter 6. Dayton @ Huntsville 7. Lake Creek @ Nederland 8. Hardin-Jefferson @ Huffman Hargrave 9. Little Cypress-Mauriceville @ Liberty 10. Livingston @ Bridge City 11. Vidor @ Lumberton 12. Hamshire-Fannett @ Jasper 13. Shepherd @ West Orange-Stark 14. East Chambers @ Coldspring 15. Orangefield @ Kirbyville 16. Crockett @Teague 17. Fairfield @ Huntington 18. Palestine Westwood @ Diboll 19. Anderson-Shiro @ Woodville 20. Warren @ Trinity 21. Garrison @ San Augustine 22. Joaquin @ Hemphill 23. Shelbyville @ Timpson 24. Deweyville @ Evadale 25. Sabine Pass @ West Hardin
    • West Fork will try to run it mostly.  They will likely drain the play clock every snap and try and limit the PNG possessions.  Their opening drive against Huntsville was over 6 minutes. They may find the end zone once or twice.  They are playing hard.  Good game to get the backups experience.  
  • Topics