AP Polls for Week 2, all classifications

AggiesAreWe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is nice to see Nederland ranked so high this early in the year, but in my opinion they are ranked a little to high.  These early polls are really tough with all of the teams playing teams of different talent levels, some from different states and even different countries now.  D1 athletes win state titles, which Nederland has very few if any.  Their defense will keep them in every game and will get them a long way in the playoffs.  As for Vidor, Nederland matches up very well with them and will beat them head to head IMO.  Vidor will make noise again in the playoffs, but their running game defense is Nederland's strength.

I'm a Nederland graduate and homer, but I'm also realistic and honest.  I would rank Nederland around 15th in state and anything more than 3 rounds deep would be a bonus.  I ranked them 5th in our poll on here behind the 2 5a's, Dayton, and WOS by the way.

Rankings are all fine and dandy.....THEY ARE somewhat subjective.

It's nice to be "ranked."

IMO, the only thing that matters is winning the last game of the playoffs, everything else is losing and who cares if you were #2, then.  The worst thing than NOT winning, is losing.

Nederland will work for everything they get, as will many other teams this season. 

Game scores don't lie, either and those are the numbers that count.

Go Dogs!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1267208" timestamp="1347336294"]
Rankings are all fine and dandy.....THEY ARE somewhat subjective.

It's nice to be "ranked."

IMO, the only thing that matters is winning the last game of the playoffs, everything else is losing and who cares if you were #2, then.  The worst thing than NOT winning, is losing.

Nederland will work for everything they get, as will many other teams this season. 
[b]
Game scores don't lie, either and those are the numbers that count.[/b]

Go Dogs!
[/quote]

Exactly. The numbers on the scoreboard at the end of the game is what matters.

Guest momof2hornets
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1266807" timestamp="1347305369"]
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20120910-ap-state-high-school-football-polls-skyline-earns-six-first-place-votes.ece

4A

#5 Nederland
#17 Dayton

3A

#9 Coldspring
#12 WO-S

2A

#3 Newton

1A

#16 West Sabine
#22 San Augustine
[/quote]

WOW.... I didn't see WS is ranked higher than SA til tonight. Crazy!!

[quote name="greenhornet" post="1267220" timestamp="1347337300"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102902.msg1266807#msg1266807 date=1347305369]
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20120910-ap-state-high-school-football-polls-skyline-earns-six-first-place-votes.ece

4A

#5 Nederland
#17 Dayton

3A

#9 Coldspring
#12 WO-S

2A

#3 Newton

1A

#16 West Sabine
#22 San Augustine
[/quote]

WOW.... I didn't see WS is ranked higher than SA til tonight. Crazy!!
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't West Sabine have a couple of RBs that are pretty good.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo