What's wrong with the jags?

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
I agree with some of the points on here....if your lookin for a win then that was a good one...but it doesn't fix the glaring weakness you have in your offense. You can say defensively they played well but like freeze1914 said how many times can u run the box and 1. They were outplayed and exposed by a West Brook team just a few days ago. HJ is not a deep team..no bench play will get u beat a lot of games...  Central will be good but don't expect much more until they get an OFFENSE that works. Even Yates had a method to their madness and I heard someone from their staff say that's how they wanna play.. ???.....really now....well Wise is great coach...and until the staff at Central work on that in PRACTICE instead of running up and the down the court then that's what they'll have...

[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1342152" timestamp="1353856264"]
I agree with some of the points on here....if your lookin for a win then that was a good one...but it doesn't fix the glaring weakness you have in your offense. You can say defensively they played well but like freeze1914 said how many times can u run the box and 1. They were outplayed and exposed by a West Brook team just a few days ago. HJ is not a deep team..no bench play will get u beat a lot of games...  Central will be good but don't expect much more until they get an OFFENSE that works. Even Yates had a method to their madness and I heard someone from their staff say that's how they wanna play.. ???.....really now....well Wise is great coach...and until the staff at Central work on that in PRACTICE instead of running up and the down the court then that's what they'll have...
[/quote]

And the very issues you mention are resolved over a pre-district schedule as opposed to a single game.

20-4a will come down to guard play and Central seems to be lacking on their perimeter! Their inside players are solid with their stud dunking and blocking shots as an enforcer but once again you have to have solid guard play! I haven't seen Nederland yet but I have seen Ozen a couple of times and they have about 6 talented ball handlers, defenders and shooters on the peremiter! If Jordan Hunter plays to his potential, their is no guard in this area that can match his ability to score at will! Jacobi Jones is a fearless player and adds spark coming from their bench! I think Ozen will be the major team to contend with in 20-4a this season! MO

[quote name="JRidge" post="1342771" timestamp="1353950190"]
20-4a will come down to guard play and Central seems to be lacking on their perimeter! Their inside players are solid with their stud dunking and blocking shots as an enforcer but once again you have to have solid guard play! I haven't seen Nederland yet but I have seen Ozen a couple of times and they have about 6 talented ball handlers, defenders and shooters on the peremiter! If Jordan Hunter plays to his potential, their is no guard in this area that can match his ability to score at will! [b]Jacobi Jones is a fearless player and adds spark coming from their bench![/b] I think Ozen will be the major team to contend with in 20-4a this season! MO
[/quote]
I'm wondering if he will continue coming off the bench or is that because he just got there from football? 

[quote name="Jalen_Rose" post="1342891" timestamp="1353962580"]
Nothing is wrong with the Jags!  They are young and have the most talent in the area.  It helped there confidence by playing a team (Hardin Jefferson) that it seemed shot 2 for 50 from 3-point land.  By the time the playoffs come around the Jags will be ready.
[/quote]

Not sure how lacking the jags are on the perimeter but from what i have seen, they are unequaled inside.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1342981" timestamp="1353971264"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106616.msg1342976#msg1342976 date=1353970841]
And Yates has twice the size and muscle than Central.  ;)
[/quote]

But Central beat them?  I also suspect that "twice the size and muscle" is a bit of hyperbole.
[/quote] Central beat them in a  :-X

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1343146" timestamp="1353984929"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=106616.msg1342981#msg1342981 date=1353971264]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106616.msg1342976#msg1342976 date=1353970841]
And Yates has twice the size and muscle than Central.  ;)
[/quote]

But Central beat them?  I also suspect that "twice the size and muscle" is a bit of hyperbole.
[/quote] Central beat them in a  :-X
[/quote]

It shouldnt matter that much what type of competition it was.  After all, this is, according to you, the greatest collection of athletes and coaches in the state of Texas.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1343293" timestamp="1354024460"]
:-X Central will win State  :-X  ;)
[/quote]

I don't know about that. This is just my view on the Jags. Will they be able to defend a team with a real post presence? Will they be able to depend on fast breaks and jumpers all the way to state? Does Central have a inside player, who can score on offense? That is just some concerns I have.

[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1343296" timestamp="1354024850"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106616.msg1343293#msg1343293 date=1354024460]
[/quote]

I don't know about that. This is just my view on the Jags. Will they be able to defend a team with a real post presence? Will they be able to depend on fast breaks and jumpers all the way to state? Does Central have a inside player, who can score on offense? That is just some concerns I have.
[/quote] Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain (Dove).  He's being sarcastic top get Central fans going.  ;)

Central does have an inside presence in Wilridge who plays big at times but is definitely a talent to be recond with! He can shoot and put the ball on the floor to get better positioning. His rebounding can get a little better in my opinion because he sometimes misses a few he should get, but overall this sophmore is a special talent! Their guards are young and inexperienced but Central always seems to posses the best athletes in the area! Ozen on the other hand has good athletes with pretty good basketball IQ's which I think may give them an upper hand in the end! Should be a pretty good season for both teams though, I'm ready to watch both of them make a run for the State Title! Let's see what happens!

[quote name="JRidge" post="1343304" timestamp="1354025692"]
Central does have an inside presence in Wilridge who plays big at times but is definitely a talent to be recond with! He can shoot and put the ball on the floor to get better positioning. His rebounding can get a little better in my opinion because he sometimes misses a few he should get, but overall this sophmore is a special talent! Their guards are young and inexperienced but Central always seems to posses the best athletes in the area! Ozen on the other hand has good athletes with pretty good basketball IQ's which I think may give them an upper hand in the end! Should be a pretty good season for both teams though, I'm ready to watch both of them make a run for the State Title! Let's see what happens!
[/quote]

Wildrige is a someone to be recond with on offense, but he is a small forward at heart. he 6'7 185. He will be able to block shots but overall defending the post will be hard to do. He is long but holds no weight. In order for Central to win state they will have to be the Yates of 4a. run and press and outscore everyone. With their talent and lengthy players that would be to their advantage. They have quick guards. I love the guard play but they top 7 players are all really guards. They dont have nobody who can play back to the basket. The only concern I have

[quote name="freeze 1914" post="1343296" timestamp="1354024850"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=106616.msg1343293#msg1343293 date=1354024460]
[/quote]

[/quote] Frat, I appreciate your concern here. But Central does not need any advice right now. Please keep your helpful thoughts to yourself. Central will win State, Freeze!!! C'mon, go along with the [s]hype[/s]...errr programming. ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1343301" timestamp="1354025383"]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=106616.msg1343296#msg1343296 date=1354024850]
[/quote]

[/quote] Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain (Dove).  He's being sarcastic top get Central fans going.  ;)
[/quote] Yeah I know. He does remind you of the wizard in the "OZ" movie doesn't he?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1343317" timestamp="1354027385"]
[quote author=freeze 1914 link=topic=106616.msg1343296#msg1343296 date=1354024850]
[/quote]

[/quote] Frat, I appreciate your concern here. But Central does not need any advice right now. Please keep your helpful thoughts to yourself. Central will win State, Freeze!!! C'mon, go along with the [s]hype[/s]...errr programming. ;D
[/quote]

you killin me Dove!!!!!...hahahaha

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballerholic
    Newest Member
    Ballerholic