Attendence

TLB0

Here goes this 'atmosphere' thing.  Just like the argument with the Mid County Madness thing.  The arena had no bearing on the actual game.  This game would have played out the same way at either Silsbee or Sour Lake.  So a big crowd makes an atmosphere?  This was a good game and would have been a good game in ANY gym regardless of the number of spectators...

Read my post Soulja. I didn't say the outcome would have been different I said the arena hurt the game. I don't have a dog in this fight from either side but the atmosphere was dead compared to years past in both Silsbee and Sour Lake.I have seen a ton of basketball in my lifetime and this was far from a good basketball game.The game tightened up in the end but when you look at shooting percentages, free throw percentages and turnovers it wasn't a real well played game.Both clubs can play much better and I believe they will in the rematch.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1364299" timestamp="1358394293"]
Read my post Soulja. I didn't say the outcome would have been different I said the arena hurt the game. I don't have a dog in this fight from either side but the atmosphere was dead compared to years past in both Silsbee and Sour Lake.I have seen a ton of basketball in my lifetime and this was far from a good basketball game.The game tightened up in the end but when you look at shooting percentages, free throw percentages and turnovers it wasn't a real well played game.Both clubs can play much better and I believe they will in the rematch.
[/quote]Whs, I wasn't singling you out, but it was my opinion.  I say that out was a good game since H-J made a furious rally at the end.  I should have attended the game.

[quote name="whsalum" post="1364299" timestamp="1358394293"]
[/quote]

I can't speak for the HJ side of things but the Tigers ft percentage seemed higher than normal. The 3 pt percentage wasn't that good but it isn't much better many nights for the Tigers.  Not sure about how the turnovers compare.  I think as far as the Tigers at least for 3 qtrs,  that was the best defensive game that I have seen this year especially in the half court.  I do agree with you in that I fealt the atmosphere suffered but in a big arena unless its really packed you aren't going to get the noise level which makes up a big part of that.

There is nothing like the feel of the crowd at a good high school ballgame.For the last several years you couldn't talk to the person next to you at either Silsbee or HJ. Last night you didn't even have to raise your voice.I don't like to get to the gym at 5 but I think it's worth the trade off /JMO

My buddy was off yesterday.  I will have a number this morning some time. 

Pro's and con's to the Ford Park deal.  I like it from a broadcasting stand point as well.  I like it that you don't have to get there so early.  I like it that I could hang out in the suite before the game.  I like it that it is all stadium seating.

However I do feel it takes away from the BIG game feel.  We have gotten use to getting to the game at 5:00, sitting through 2 games until the BIG game, standing in line, etc.  It has a playoff game atmosphere, but just no the same as the past Silsbee/HJ games.

With all that said, I agree with the games staying at Ford Park.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1364337" timestamp="1358430777"]
My buddy was off yesterday.  I will have a number this morning some time. 

Pro's and con's to the Ford Park deal.  I like it from a broadcasting stand point as well.  I like it that you don't have to get there so early.  I like it that I could hang out in the suite before the game.  I like it that it is all stadium seating.

However I do feel it takes away from the BIG game feel.  We have gotten use to getting to the game at 5:00, sitting through 2 games until the BIG game, standing in line, etc.  It has a playoff game atmosphere, but just no the same as the past Silsbee/HJ games.

With all that said, I agree with the games staying at Ford Park.
[/quote]

I agree, and that is part of the MCM experience as well, Soulja.  Part of it is getting there early, standing and line and getting in your seats  and hour or more before the game.  Also visiting with the people sitting around you.  It was the same thing at the Ned vs Georgetown game this year.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1364360" timestamp="1358436422"]
I know the logistics and just plain old human spite may not make this work but----Promoters and " the powers that be"could work on a Saturday triple header @ Ford Park or Montagne. Get your best local rivalry teams for district games
[/quote]

That would be intense. I could see that as a huge attraction for basketball fans in the area

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1364360" timestamp="1358436422"]
I know the logistics and just plain old human spite may not make this work but----Promoters and " the powers that be"could work on a Saturday triple header @ Ford Park or Montagne. Get your best local rivalry teams for district games
[/quote]

Dove- would one requirement be to not allow teams that play easy schedules and run cross country?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1364437" timestamp="1358447301"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108293.msg1364360#msg1364360 date=1358436422]
[/quote]

Dove- would one requirement be to not allow teams that play easy schedules and run cross country?
[/quote]No, this is about business. No freebies!! If you can't draw over 2000 patrons, you're off the the "A List."

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1364489" timestamp="1358452931"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=108293.msg1364437#msg1364437 date=1358447301]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108293.msg1364360#msg1364360 date=1358436422]
[/quote]

[/quote]No, this is about business. No freebies!! If you can't draw over 2000 patrons, you're off the the "A List."
[/quote]

Welcome to the Republican Party.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1364415" timestamp="1358443651"]
[/quote]

That would be intense. I could see that as a huge attraction for basketball fans in the area
[/quote]I think that's a great idea. Would be challenging bc district schedules usually do not have Ozen/Central, Ned/PNG, and HJ/Silsbee all playing on the same night. All of those games draw big crowds for all schools involved. Would love to see it happen, but I won't hold my breath.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1364545" timestamp="1358465912"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108293.msg1364415#msg1364415 date=1358443651]
[/quote]

[/quote]I think that's a great idea. Would be challenging bc district schedules usually do not have Ozen/Central, Ned/PNG, and HJ/Silsbee all playing on the same night. All of those games draw big crowds for all schools involved. Would love to see it happen, but I won't hold my breath.
[/quote]

I would think the admins could get together and find a way to get it done.  Ford Park is good location and it sure would generate a lot of interest.  If it cant be done on a district basis, what would stop those teams from scheduling each other on the same date before district?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1364551" timestamp="1358467229"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=108293.msg1364545#msg1364545 date=1358465912]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108293.msg1364415#msg1364415 date=1358443651]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would think the admins could get together and find a way to get it done.  Ford Park is good location and it sure would generate a lot of interest.  If it cant be done on a district basis, what would stop those teams from scheduling each other on the same date before district?
[/quote]Not sure how district scheduling works. It seems we always play the same schedule that football plays. Baseball also plays the same district schedule that FB plays.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05