SETX Rankings for week 14 posted, Final Rankings for season

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1375419" timestamp="1361190273"]
Kelly getting back on the winning track did nothing for them! I am still 100% sure they are better than every team ahead of them besides Kountze.
[/quote]

they'd lost, what, 4 straight?  was one win supposed to vault them back into the top 3?  it just doesn't work like that.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1375419" timestamp="1361190273"]
Kelly getting back on the winning track did nothing for them! I am still 100% sure they are better than every team ahead of them besides Kountze.
[/quote]Since the rankings are not comparing apples to apples, they should be based on the 'eyeball' method rather than wins/losses, IMO. Hard to do when there are so many teams to watch for consideration of the rankings. Nobody has seen Crosby or Humble play more than one game a piece, yet their number of wins place them high in the rankings since they were both 15-1 in district. I guess Crosby is ahead of Humbe bc they won the coin flip for the 1st seed! ;D

Humble won at Crosby early in district. Crosby won at Humble late in district, so Crosby is AHEAD by two spots.

Ozen won at Ned early in district. Ned won at Ozen late in district, however Ned is two spots BEHIND Ozen. Ned also beat Silsbee twice, yet Silsbee is ahead of Ned. Also , HJ beat Ned, yet HJ is behind Ned in the rankings.

They don't always make sense, but I realize they are just opinions. Kelly will never have a chance to prove they are better than the other schools bc they won't play this year. Again, way too hard to compare apples to oranges.

Now that the playoffs are here, everyone has a chance to prove how good they really are! 8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1375435" timestamp="1361199164"]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=109433.msg1375419#msg1375419 date=1361190273]
[/quote]Since the rankings are not comparing apples to apples, they should be based on the 'eyeball' method rather than wins/losses, IMO. Hard to do when there are so many teams to watch for consideration of the rankings. Nobody has seen Crosby or Humble play more than one game a piece, yet their number of wins place them high in the rankings since they were both 15-1 in district. I guess Crosby is ahead of Humbe bc they won the coin flip for the 1st seed! ;D

Humble won at Crosby early in district. Crosby won at Humble late in district, so Crosby is AHEAD by two spots.

Ozen won at Ned early in district. Ned won at Ozen late in district, however Ned is two spots BEHIND Ozen. Ned also beat Silsbee twice, yet Silsbee is ahead of Ned. Also , HJ beat Ned, yet HJ is behind Ned in the rankings.

They don't always make sense, but I realize they are just opinions. Kelly will never have a chance to prove they are better than the other schools bc they won't play this year. Again, way too hard to compare apples to oranges.

Now that the playoffs are here, everyone has a chance to prove how good they really are! 8)
[/quote] I realize all that I just find it funny because I know we are better than them. And also Nederland is better than Cleveland IMO.

[quote name="fisherman2" post="1375438" timestamp="1361199459"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109433.msg1375435#msg1375435 date=1361199164]
[quote author=fisherman2 link=topic=109433.msg1375419#msg1375419 date=1361190273]

[/quote] I realize all that I just find it funny because I know we are better than them. And also Nederland is better than Cleveland IMO.
[/quote]I hear ya. If I had a vote, Kelly would be at either 1, 2, or 3.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1375435" timestamp="1361199164"]

[b]Humble won at Crosby early in district. Crosby won at Humble late in district, so Crosby is AHEAD by two spots. [/b]

[/quote]Crosby finished second because we lost AT Humble by two points and won at home by 12. Looks like y'all proved their point anyway with an 8 point loss to the 3rd place 20-4a team.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1376331" timestamp="1361333027"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109433.msg1375435#msg1375435 date=1361199164]

[b]Humble won at Crosby early in district. Crosby won at Humble late in district, so Crosby is AHEAD by two spots. [/b]

[/quote]Crosby finished second because we lost AT Humble by two points and won at home by 12. Looks like y'all proved their point anyway with an 8 point loss to the 3rd place 20-4a team.
[/quote]

And you squeaked by the fourth place team.  Whats your point?

[quote name="bigdog" post="1376334" timestamp="1361333256"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109433.msg1376331#msg1376331 date=1361333027]

[/quote]

[b]And you squeaked by the fourth place team.  Whats your point?[/b][/quote]Point is with both teams having nearly identical bodies of work there's a ten point +- differential for Crosby. I guess you think Ned squeaked by Humble too since y'all only won by 8? I wouldn't call a 9 point win a squeak though. Crosby unfortunately played to their competition instead of winning that on by 15 as they should have, look at PN-G's body of work and you can see they played up to theirs. Like I said before though, good job by the Indians even making it that close.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1376331" timestamp="1361333027"]

[/quote]Huh?? Loss to a 3rd pl team?? We beat a #1 team by 8 who lost a flip and was seeded 2nd.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1376351" timestamp="1361334357"]

[/quote]Huh?? Loss to a 3rd pl team?? We beat a #1 team by 8 who lost a flip and was seeded 2nd.
[/quote]Ned finished 3rd in 20-4a but I was talking about why you said Crosby was in front of Humble. We lost in Humble by 2 pts and won at Crosby by 12 pts. Maybe we beat the sense of y'all so bad in football your memory is still bad.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/crosby-cougars-(crosby,tx)/basketball/schedule.htm

Congrats on giving us out first district loss in two years though. We're now 29-1 in the district over the last two seasons. Football season is around the corner though Abe, maybe you can switch allegiance to those other Humble boys up the road for the fall.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1376349" timestamp="1361334127"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=109433.msg1376334#msg1376334 date=1361333256]

[/quote]

[b]And you squeaked by the fourth place team.  Whats your point?[/b][/quote]Point is with both teams having nearly identical bodies of work there's a ten point +- differential for Crosby. I guess you think Ned squeaked by Humble too since y'all only won by 8? I wouldn't call a 9 point win a squeak though. Crosby unfortunately played to their competition instead of winning that on by 15 as they should have, look at PN-G's body of work and you can see they played up to theirs. Like I said before though, good job by the Indians even making it that close.
[/quote]

We beat the 15-1 (28-8) team,  by 8.  You beat a team that was fourth place and was 7-7 and 12-18.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1376359" timestamp="1361334834"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109433.msg1376351#msg1376351 date=1361334357]

[/quote]Ned finished 3rd in 20-4a but I was talking about why you said Crosby was in front of Humble. We lost in Humble by 2 pts and won at Crosby by 12 pts. Maybe we beat the sense of y'all so bad in football your memory is still bad.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/crosby-cougars-(crosby,tx)/basketball/schedule.htm
[/quote]

You might need to revisit the football board and check the Ned vs Crosby score before you pop off.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1376361" timestamp="1361334890"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109433.msg1376349#msg1376349 date=1361334127]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=109433.msg1376334#msg1376334 date=1361333256]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]We beat the 15-1 (28-8) team,  by 8.  You beat a team that was fourth place and was 7-7 and 12-18.[/b][/quote]We beat them by 17 and 7, what's you point. We'll beat y'all the same way. Hard for the kids to get up for a JV squad.

[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109433.msg1376351#msg1376351 date=1361334357]

Congrats on giving us out first district loss in two years though. We're now 29-1 in the district over the last two seasons. Football season is around the corner though Abe, maybe you can switch allegiance to those other Humble boys up the road for the fall.
[/quote]

We beat yall in football 21-7? Good try bro! Are yall that delusional or is Crosby school district that terrible in the math department.. probably both.

[quote name="ATX31" post="1376369" timestamp="1361335420"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=109433.msg1376359#msg1376359 date=1361334834]

[/quote]

[b]We beat yall in football 21-7? Good try bro! Are yall that delusional or is Crosby school district that terrible in the math department.. probably both.[/b][/quote]What the bleep are you talking about? We're talking about the Humble and Crosby scores in football and basketball. My math is good sir, A&M made sure of that before they gave me my degree. By the way, go check the Crosby-Ned series lately. Crosby lost IN Nederland last year, before that we put y'all out of the playoffs twice and beat y'all in the regular season once. If we play this year it's going to be in Crosby and I'm sure the twins will have something to say about that their senior year.

[/quote]Nice trash talking, but I am a Nederland guy, not from Humble! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05