Jump to content

thetragichippy

Members
  • Posts

    10,742
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    53

Everything posted by thetragichippy

  1. Removed - I meant to post just a picture...... Insider trading is illegal - There was an investigation and no charges were filed. The commerce dept said there is no evidence of wrong doing.
  2. This is a very interesting case if you look at it objectively. Her own text days later claim she was not raped and there was nothing done illegal. Now, it has became a political bomb, just like the ME-TOO movement, where men were shamed out of giving an opinion. If that was not enough, they appoint Letitia James who a couple days earlier post on Facebook: "What this young woman has been forced to endure is horrific and unacceptable. I'm holding her in my heart and in my prayers. To her, ad to all survivors: You're not alone. We stand with you." That statement to me sounds like she's made up her mind..... How in the world could they let her on this case. The last thing this brings up is drinking and consent. Luckily New York has a rule if you drink or do drugs voluntarily, you can't claim non-consent, or something like that. However, some are arguing she could not give consent because she was intoxicated. If the guys were intoxicated as well, shouldn't the law be applied equally? [Hidden Content]
  3. JON - is not running in 2028....... Your best bet is Beshear....he still has the door open to run. Funny your top pics where from swing States and States that Trump won by 30 points lol
  4. Markets are placing Vance and Rubio as the ticket..... Markets have Ossoff 1st, with AOC and Newsome 2nd for Presidential run (I'm disappointed it is not Kamala- I would love to see the Vance/Kamala debate....lol) - then VP's are Whitmer/AOC..... The crazy part is Ossoff has said repeated in June, July and August he has zero interest in running in 2028......
  5. This policies are what got him elected. CNN even admits he has like a 98% approval among MAGA Republicans. Historic fact - since 1964 any party going into mid-terms as a trifecta came out losing house minimum, a several times losing both. The only exception is Kennedy, Johnson....and believe it or not, Carter. They kept House and Senate at mid-terms..... So if your betting that Trump will lose the House and possibly Senate - History is on your side. If he keeps both, which in not likely, even you would have to admit it was because of Trump.......
  6. Don’t cherry pick what I say to try and make a point. I was specifically talking about unnamed sources…. but a recent headline by CNN called the terrorist attack a “violent altercation”……
  7. LOL - you try so hard to one up me you don't see reality. I was not trusting the words of reporters.....I was listening to it straight from her mouth..... Here, you can to, since you apparently won't google yourself [Hidden Content]
  8. Former GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley on Sunday said she won’t seek the party’s nomination in 2028.
  9. Here ya go [Hidden Content]
  10. The first 10-15 google searches of "Nikki Haley 2028 run"
  11. I've always been taught at a very young age never pull a gun unless you plan on using it. I believe the story was Mike was confronted by someone and felt threatened and displayed the gun or may have pointed it at him. Crime? If so, my question would be at what point is it legal to pull your firearm?
  12. She has already decided not to run in 2028. Next....?
  13. Who ? The only contenders on the Democratic side are Kamala, Newsom and AOC. Republican party would be Vance, Rubio or DeSantis MAYBE..... Who would you vote for?
  14. Nahhhh - History has the minority will pick up seats at mid-terms when both houses are controlled by the majority....... The question will be how many seats they gain, or not gain, and will that help or hurt the Vance's Presidential run in 2028. If Dems get a small majority, and spend time trying to impeach Trump again, I think that will helps Vance's odds of pulling off 2028.
  15. Some yes - Build the wall, No tax on tips or SS....... I don't recall anyone else mentioning those. He got the tax on tips from a citizen at one of his rallies I do believe.... BUT THANK YOU for confirming what DCT could not - that Trump is the Republican party and his policies represent that.
  16. I guess it has been going on for a while, but it seems lately it's everywhere.....People posting their opinion of the law and being completely wrong, yet a large group of people believe it. The Karmelo case, the Nolan case are a couple that come to mind. My favorite comment from your link is "I guess we can all go steal yard signs and point guns at people"......lol
  17. As I told 5gallonbucket, this post was not directed at people that spend wisely. The point of the post was people that live outside their means, don't save and complain everything is too expensive. That's been going on for decades and why Democrats want to give everyone free health insurance. I have a real good friend and years ago her and her husband was approved for $250K for a house. She purchased a a 275K house because she had money to put down. It took both of their incomes to pay their mortgage plus escrow. I was never brave enough to do that. All of my homes I've purchased could be paid for with my and the wife's income. There is always a chance you could loose a job or get sick. I am on a mission to never be homeless, never default on a debt and hopefully never need the Government to support me. Most people with bad credit spend more than they make..... The other point to the post is savings should start at 18, not 40 like most folks do.......
  18. What do you disagree with?
  19. I was certainly not calling out the hard working people like you. You bring up a good point, my wife COULD of stayed home with my Son back in the day, but we were young and wanted new cars and "stuff" If I had to do it over, it would be different and I would have more money in my pocket for sure. Luckily, I was blessed with a kid that made parenting look easy.
  20. I cringe at some of the things he says..... However, lots of people respect it. He has changed politics forever
  21. When you clear the noise, and all the fake outrage......I like his policies. There may be one or two I don't agree with, but all the major ones I agree with. End catch and release Secure Border Get rid of illegals with deport orders Reciprocal Tariff's and America First trade agenda No tax on tips - no tax on SS Expand oil and gas Get ahead of AI or SI (lol) - if we don't China will, and that is not a good thing Tough on drug smuggler policy.... VOTER ID Protect woman's sports Why would anyone disagree with the above? So, I think majority of Republicans respect the fact that he does not apologize on doing things he ran on.
  22. You still have not said which policies are not like other Republicans….. we know Democrats don’t like him::.. but since you want to talk about polls…… Trump Crushes Reagan, Lincoln as Republicans’ Most Admired President: Poll [Hidden Content]
  23. This was a post by Shipwreckedcrew from X that made some great points. There are a few things that stood out that I bolded, the truck rang a bell..... Republican or Democrat, we can't hold the Government responsible for our own bad decisions. A person buying an 80K truck at 6% interest will pay 98K over the 84 months with a $1168 monthly note, then likely trade it in or get another truck once paid off. Ironic that this same person would probably complain about gas prices, when he could of purchased a 45K truck and put the other 45K in a savings account. Thoughts? The problem is there is nothing "wrong" with the "economy." Economic growth is rising and unemployment is falling. Prices remaining high because of PAST INFLATION isn't an "economy" thing. Home prices being high because of a shortage of affordable inventory for first or second time homebuyers isn't an "economy" thing. Buyers taking out car loans for 84 months at 15% interest rates, and being upside down in their equity for 36-48 months isn't an "economy" thing. Having a large portion of the college educated workforce emerge from academia with worthless degrees that employers place no value in for hiring purposes isn't an "economy" thing. Trump and the GOP are going to pay the price for an "economy" when the problems are not a feature of the "economy." They are a product of choices made by voters in their own lives. Gas prices have been expensive before. Interest rates have been high before. But I've never seen so many $60,000 pickup trucks and $85,000 SUVs being driven down the road ever in my life.
  24. It would not be a debate, it would be your opinion..... It is obvious to me you didn't think out your comment or you realize there are none or very little differences.
×
×
  • Create New...