Dayton vs. Rosenberg Terry Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Game will be Saturday at either 7 or 7:30 in Kingwood.

I watched the game tonight between Terry and Sharpstown tonight and Terry won the game pretty handily from the word go.  Sharpstown was just overmatched in this game.  Sharpstown came out of HISD and I doubt they would have even made the playoffs in 19 or 20-4A.  BF Terry runs the standard I formation mainly with twins left opposite the TE.  They feature a power running game with a Eric Dickerson type back who runs straight up and is about 6'3".  Running back is not real slippery or physical but he does read his blocks well and finds the holes.  He's got really good speed once he gets to the second level.  Offensive line is ok...they've got a HUGE left guard (6'6" 330 I'd guess) but he doesn't do much.  Their pass game is predominately play action bootleg and the QB throws the ball pretty well.  Their receivers aren't anything special but they do catch the ball.  Defensively, Sharpstown ran the spread so I'm sure we'll see similar d against Dayton, they run primary a cover 2 out of the 4-2-5.  They blitzed occassionally off of the corner and rolled the strong safety into man coverage on the slot.  Overall their defense looks pretty tough...middle linebacker is a stud and the line got a good pass rush from the inside.  They tackled pretty well but had some trouble in the open field. 

All in all, I'd say Dayton is in for another fairly tough game but the overall team speed and athleticism gives Dayton the advantage and they pull away in the second half for a fairly easy victory.  Coach Stewart continues to spoil Dayton 35-7.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I want to say Dayton wins this, but we'll have to see. Their defense is tough, and our offense is amazing, it all depends on their offense then I would think. It will be a low scoring game in my opinion.

Dayton - 21

Rosenberg Terry - 10

Don't  know anything about Terry,but that they lost to BayCity 21-7 and Dayton spanked BayCity 35-7. I know in the playoffs on any given night any team can win.  If Dayton brings their "A" game and they will --- I predict a whole lot of purple in Terry's endzone!!!!      GO BRONCO'S--------

Dayton thumps Terry big time.Broncos prove they are capable in 4 full quarters that they can post about 50 points against better teams than this.Bronco "D" rises again.Dayton 49-Terry 14

I agree completely, Terry's "D" not what is advertised. I don't think they have seen anybody with our speed. Defense almost shuts them out. Broncos 49 Terry 7

Respect your opponent, Dayton.  This will not be an easy win.  Sorry teams don't make it this far in the playoffs.  With that being said, Broncos win 17-7. 

dayton needs to stay on top of their game. take care of business and go to the next round. needs to tire out the defense of terry's. if we do that then we'll go to the next round. got to stay focused. "GO BRONCOS"

I've noticed a pattern in the last several games in that the Broncos come out flat and then they get it rolling.  Don't see anything changing in this one.  Dayton will have some turkey on the stomach in the first part of this game and once it burn's off they'll get it going. 

Respect your opponent, Dayton.  This will not be an easy win.  Sorry teams don't make it this far in the playoffs.  With that being said, Broncos win 17-7. 

Although I'd normally agree with you, their road to this round of the playoffs has been pretty easy.  Sharpstown shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

LMAO Dayton kicking a field goal, dayton hasn't even attempted a field goal in the last two years, that i can remember

LMAO Dayton kicking a field goal, dayton hasn't even attempted a field goal in the last two years, that i can remember

DAYTON NEEDS ANOTHER CARRANCO!!!

Dayton will NOT end up with 17, 24, 31, 38, or 45 points....

Stewart will go for it close to the goal line rather than kick a field goal.

DAYTON NEEDS ANOTHER CARRANCO!!!

Dayton will NOT end up with 17, 24, 31, 38, or 45 points....

Stewart will go for it close to the goal line rather than kick a field goal.

We have one on the way.

I respect Terry,just think they cannot slow down the Broncos.Since the early loss we had to Friendswood,tell me 1 team that has stopped Dayton from 40 points?OK-Livingston did with KIND gestures from Stewart to kill the clock inside the 40 w/3+ min.left and all the momentum.Last week over 6 min.call off the stampede as well as about 5 other games Dayton substituted or killed the clock.Clock killing time is past,show us the real deal this game all 4 full wide open Quarters and if you're so bad kick it deep to A.J. some instead of 25-30 yd.out of bounds kickoff's.You SCARED?That should get some hits out there in cyberspace.

Something tells me we won't see any Terry comments like we saw Elgin comments from last week.  This team can actually throw the ball ok...nothing like Friendswood but they run the same play action type stuff.  Reading keys will be crucial this week for the defense.  I didn't see them throw underneath much...just play action boot and throw long.  Their receivers aren't very good at getting open and when sharpstown recognized pass Terry couldn't do much.  They did catch them sucking in a couple of times and hit a couple of long ones.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4